We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Hotel by FCO airport

pa
Level Contributor
95 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best Hotel by FCO airport

Hi, I am looking for a nice hotel not to expensive close to FCO airport. I will be ending my vacation after 10 days. Leaving Cinque Terre Thur. and taking train to Rome, my flight leaves Friday at 10 a.m. I would like to be close to airport since my flight leaves early next morning.. Is it difficult to go from train station in Rome to Hotel near Airport? Can I take a cab? And would you no how much it cost?

Mentioned in this post
Cinque Terre
Cinque Terre
Italian Riviera, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Likely To Sell Out
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
23,428 Reviews
from $83.10*
Likely To Sell Out
Sistine Chapel VIP Private Viewing...
537 Reviews
from $415.60*
Likely To Sell Out
Rome Colosseum Underground Chambers...
2,918 Reviews
from $124.70*
Special Offer
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
11,809 Reviews
from $61.20*
$68.00
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,574 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Hotel by FCO airport

There is a train, the Leonardo Express, from Roma Termini direct, non-stop to FCO - cost is 14 euros per person; taxi is flat fare of 48 euros to airport. Personally, I would stay (as I always do) the night in Rome itself and enjoy that last night in the city and just leave about 30 minutes earlier than you would if you were at a hotel near the airport. I take a car service and at that hour of the morning (6:30 a.m., it takes just about 30-40 minutes to FCO - usually just 30 minutes when it is that early).

Flying back to the states, you do need to be there 3 hours prior to departure but how depressing to be at an airport hotel - when you really don't need much more time at all if you stay in Rome.

Mentioned in this post
Leonardo Express
Leonardo Express
825 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
2. Re: Best Hotel by FCO airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:33 pm, August 21, 2013
Edited: 2:33 pm, August 21, 2013
Italy
Level Contributor
39,682 posts
236 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best Hotel by FCO airport

I would also choose the Hilton, it's ideal for a morning flight.

4. Re: Best Hotel by FCO airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, August 19, 2014