We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Castel San Angelo accessibility for person with disabilities

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
hawaii
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Castel San Angelo accessibility for person with disabilities

Hello, website for this site only in Italian, which I can neither read nor understand...

Looks like a must see place for our short upcoming visit...however, all reviews talk about the many stairs, Ramps, etc...

Does anyone know if there are elevators (lifts) , wheelchairs for visitor use, or any other things that might facilitate a disabled visitor? Thanks so much...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,612 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Castel San Angelo accessibility for person with disabilities

This site has info about Castel Sant'Angelo (and others):

slowtrav.com/italy/…vatican.htm

It is about 1/2 way down the page - maybe more -

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
84,731 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Castel San Angelo accessibility for person with disabilities

If you use translate.google.com you will get a translation that is not perfect, but should allow you to understand what a web page is saying.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,670 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Castel San Angelo accessibility for person with disabilities

Castel Sant'Angelo's web page says that they have an elevator for the disabled. However, the database I recommended on the other topic page you posted says the lift is not always working:

www.handyturismo.it/modules.php…

Edited: 10:32 am, June 25, 2013
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,612 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Castel San Angelo accessibility for person with disabilities

I stumbled upon the elevator (not far from where you purchase tickets) by accident and ended up using it as I had had an accident earlier in my trip and wasn't up for the steady incline inside; an employee of the site was getting on, I spotted it and hobbled over and he held the door open for me. It was not, then anyway, well noted that it was there. I assume you would have to ask where they sell tickets for info on how to utilize it.

hawaii
Level Contributor
147 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Castel San Angelo accessibility for person with disabilities

Thanks everyone, appreciate the info!

6. Re: Castel San Angelo accessibility for person with disabilities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, June 27, 2014