We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tix for colosseum

chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Topic
tix for colosseum

should i buy ahead via omniticket.it or just buy at the forum? if i buy at the forum, is there typically a long line? thanks.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,719 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: tix for colosseum

The lines at the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill entrances are usually not as long as they are at the Colosseum, but recently people have been reporting long lines there as well. I would buy in advance; I think the €1.50 advance reservation fee is a pretty reasonable price to pay to skip the line.

chicago
Level Contributor
60 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tix for colosseum

thanks!

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
26 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: tix for colosseum

I think I have read on other forum topics that you can get a ticket for the Colosseum and the Palatine all in the same ticket, valid for 2 days :) also check out the official colosseum page as I think it explains it all on there too :)

I have posted a similar topic and the consensus is buy before you go and the booking fees are worth the money versus queuing for hours!!!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
33,658 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tix for colosseum

The ticket for the colosseum also includes entry to the forum and palatine hill. It's a combo ticket for 12 euros. You can buy them online for 1.50 service fee each. This will allow you to bypass the lines outside.

Donna

5. Re: tix for colosseum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, June 27, 2014