We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for lesbian friendly hotel & barS in Rome?

Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for lesbian friendly hotel & barS in Rome?

Hello,

My partner and I will be travelling to Rome as part of our honeymoon in August and wondered if anyone had any recommendations. Small budget (as ever!) and a preference for the Trastevere area. There are a couple of places that have caught our eye; AW Donna Camilla Savelli Hotel being one, but I can't see any gay reviews.

Or - is it really not a problem and I shouldn't be concerned?! We are also looking at a couple of apartments. We are only going for 2 nights.

Finally - are there any nice gay bars / restaurants where we can be open and celebrate our honeymoon?

Many thanks,

Cressida

Milano
Level Contributor
4,229 posts
398 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for lesbian friendly hotel & barS in Rome?

I choose my hotels or B&B's regardless the fact that they are gay friendly and never had problems even if my partner is MUCH younger then I am and people may be surprised to see us together being evidently a couple.

In Rome during the summer there is the "gayvillage" and the gay venues are around the Colosseum.

You should only pay attention to stupid people that are all over the world even in the towns that are known to be open.

Edited: 8:19 am, June 11, 2013
Leicester, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for lesbian friendly hotel & barS in Rome?

Thank you, I completely appreciate your point of view and its not an essential for me. However, sometimes it's nice just to feel relaxed.

We've booked an apt now as that always suits us and I tend to be disappointed by hotels.

Thanks again,

C

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
3,176 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for lesbian friendly hotel & barS in Rome?

FWIW, same sex public displays of affection (even hand-holding) could still get you some raised eyebrows in most of Italy. Sad but true. That said, my husband (of 17 years) and I haven't had any problems on our four trips to Italy.

As for the sleeping situation, be sure to ask for a "letto matrimoniale". Quite a few hotels/B&Bs have twin beds that they can make either into one big bed or two separate ones. They might assume you want two separate ones unless you specifically ask otherwise.

Edited: 5:16 pm, June 13, 2013
4. Re: Recommendations for lesbian friendly hotel & barS in Rome?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 15, 2014