We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

National Holiday on 15th August-The Forum/Palatine Hill

Manchester
Level Contributor
287 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
National Holiday on 15th August-The Forum/Palatine Hill

Hi Guys,

Were in Rome for 5 days,our final day is on the above date which I've found out is a national holiday,we were planning to buy the "Underground Tour" ticket for the Colosseum & go there on the 14th August and then the following morning go to the Forum & Palatine Hill while it's not too hot...can someone please tell me if these two sites will be open though on the 15th due to the national holiday ?

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
6,653 posts
729 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: National Holiday on 15th August-The Forum/Palatine Hill

I tried the website -- www.coopculture.it/en/ticket.cfm… -- and it was saying tickets are available for August 15. That being said, you can always call them to confirm they will be open before you purhase your tickets.

Looking at posts from last year, it appears the Colosseum/Roman Forum/Palatine Hill (which is one combination ticket) were open: walksofitaly.com/blog/…august-in-italy

Hope this helps -- and if you learn anything to the contrary, please come back and post it so others can know as well!

Manchester
Level Contributor
287 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: National Holiday on 15th August-The Forum/Palatine Hill

Thanks !

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
203 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: National Holiday on 15th August-The Forum/Palatine Hill

It is open 8.30-19.15. I can confirm that, and besides there is a special event that started this may and every thursday and saturday (15th august is thursday) you can visit the coliseum by night. this is the telephone you can call for bookings 06.39967700.

hope this helps!

4. Re: National Holiday on 15th August-The Forum/Palatine Hill

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 07, 2014