We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

spanish steps.....free tours.....

Kos
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
235 reviews
Save Topic
spanish steps.....free tours.....

While doing some research on here a few months ago, I am sure I came upon a site ....free walking tours from the spanish steps....think they left every day at 5pm....remember reading he reviews but not it is time for us to leave for rome, I cannot find it...anyone help me please..

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: spanish steps.....free tours.....

Did this a few years Ago with New Rome Free Tour. Seems I recall their tour started at 5:30 in the same area. Guide had a license badge on and was from Rome. Very worthwhile. Get there early and chat with the guide to see if they seem to know their history and if you want listen to them for two hours. If you don't like them walk away before the tour starts.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: spanish steps.....free tours.....

There was a string of posts a few months back about this company that were removed. I don't remember exactly but a TA user from Brazil was posting because representatives from this company sent her some VERY abusive and offensive emails after she complained that she arrived for the tour and she could not find it.

I would say avoid this tour. Maybe someone remembers more than I do??!!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: spanish steps.....free tours.....

.... here i found the post

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k56926…

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: spanish steps.....free tours.....

Did this a few years Ago with New Rome Free Tour. Seems I recall their tour started at 5:30 in the same area. Guide had a license badge on and was from Rome. Very worthwhile. Get there early and chat with the guide to see if they seem to know their history and if you want listen to them for two hours. If you don't like them walk away before the tour starts.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
3,431 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: spanish steps.....free tours.....

Did this a few years Ago with New Rome Free Tour. Seems I recall their tour started at 5:30 in the same area. Guide had a license badge on and was from Rome. Very worthwhile. Get there early and chat with the guide to see if they seem to know their history and if you want listen to them for two hours. If you don't like them walk away before the tour starts. I suggest that you look at the reviews on Trip Advisor where this company gets good ratings. Our guide was Andrea.

Kos
Level Contributor
2,003 posts
235 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: spanish steps.....free tours.....

well totally confused.com I originally found this post and read wonderful reports on it...now this.....the reply to the original e mail sound very ott...but I think I am going to have to now try the out, and post my report on my return..if they turn up. I have been a Rep for tourist companies for over 30 years....so I have also experienced the ....well we were there at the correct time and place...and of course they were not there because the other 30 odd people did get on the return coach....but no need for such an awful reply...so will go and do the tour and find out for myself.....I live in Greece, and I do have to say the Greek way ...best form of defence is attack...and before everyone gets up in arms about it...no not all Greeks..but is is rather in their make up....the ability not to be able to say sorry..my mistake...so....watch this space...

7. Re: spanish steps.....free tours.....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 12, 2014