We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

not getting any response for apartment rentals

Dearborn, Michigan
Level Contributor
1,352 posts
151 reviews
Save Topic
not getting any response for apartment rentals

I have inquired about numerous apartments in rome thru tripadvisor and flipkey.. I want to stay in rome for 2 weeks in October,, and am traveling single, I dont want to be in a shoebox, and prefer a one bedroom rather than a studio.. For some reason, unbeknownst to me, I am not getting any responses Could it be they would prefer to rent to a larger party? I thought my telling them I was traveling alone would be positive... less consumption of utilities, easier on the facilities.. When I was searching for apartments in Unbria, I had no problem getting a response...

has anyone else had a problem with rental properties. I know some of the properties are listed thru other sites. Should I try going thru them rather than TA and Flipkey>?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,938 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: not getting any response for apartment rentals

When I was looking for my apartment for my past Dec visit, I had no trouble getting responses and I went solo and wanted (and got) a one bedroom.

Have you looked in your SPAM folder in your email program. A lot of responses to my travel inquiries end up there so I always check there if I haven't gotten a response after a few days.

United States
Level Contributor
9,740 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: not getting any response for apartment rentals

I prefer to rent through a known agent like Sleep in Italy. I've had good luck with their rentals in Rome and Venice for 1 bedroom places.

www.sleepinitaly.com

TAB

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
444 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: not getting any response for apartment rentals

I received plenty of replies when I was looking. I used house trip, amongst others.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Brisbane
Level Contributor
11,216 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: not getting any response for apartment rentals

There are some sites where you are able to book straight away ... Rental in Rome .. is one of those. I can highly recommend them and their service. They also allow you to pay your security deposit in your own currency so not to leave you with alot of foreign cash going home.

London, United...
Level Contributor
204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: not getting any response for apartment rentals

i used nextaway.com and had a great experience. we had a one bedroom apartment close to the spanish steps with internet and a/c. nextaway.com/italy/rome/babuino-italy-1238-2

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
9,749 posts
510 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: not getting any response for apartment rentals

Bobbi, as unlikely as it may sound, the apartments may be booked by now. I have a friend, who regularly travels to Rome in October, and who reserves her apartment a year in advance. October is still a high season and there is a high demand. This is not to say that nothing would be available, but just that some places may be booked by now.

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
17 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: not getting any response for apartment rentals

I am visiting Rome in April. Here is a link to the flat I am renting. mobile.vrbo.com/22504#_propertyDetails_0

It is real small but should fit your needs.

Machynlleth, Wales...
Level Contributor
52 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: not getting any response for apartment rentals

sleepinitaly.com/rome/…apartment-cavour-bilo

This is the flat I'm renting in two weeks for 6 nights it's available for all of October and the help I revived booking it was fast and very reliable

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
41,938 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: not getting any response for apartment rentals

Just in case people are not aware, the floor numbers are different in Italy - so, for example, the apartment noted by Sarah A is listed as being on the 3rd floor with no elevator but it is really the 4th floor.

So, first floors are second floor, etc -

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: not getting any response for apartment rentals

That's also true in all of Europe. What's called the first floor in the US is called the ground floor in Europe, and the first floor starts one level up from that.