We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Roma Pass--Where to Buy

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boynton Beach...
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Roma Pass--Where to Buy

Should we purchase our Roma Pass online here in the states and pick up once we arrive in Rome? Or better/easier/less expensive to just buy it there? If so, where to buy? My issue with buying it online is that I'm wondering if it will be as much trouble or more to find the pickup point for the pass once in Rome than to just buy it over there from scratch.

Wallingford...
Level Contributor
15 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Roma Pass--Where to Buy

I arrived in Rome by train at Termini Station this past September. I bought two Roma Passes at a newstand in the terminal, pretty easy, no hassle. I did pay cash for them. The passes are very useful if staying in rome for a few days.

Joe

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
28,776 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Roma Pass--Where to Buy

There is no advantage to buying the pass online. I suggest waiting until in Rome to buy it. If you visit the romapass website it has a list of all the places you can purchase the pass. All the sites covered by the pass sell them too so if you're staying near one of them you can just stop in and buy it.

http://www.romapass.it/p.aspx?l=en&tid=8

Donna

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,342 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Roma Pass--Where to Buy

I wouldn't recommend buying it at a newsstand. They're not authorized to sell them. Back when there were two separate passes, one for museums and one for transport, newsstands often sold the pass without the transport part missing, which they then sold separately to Romans. They can't do that any more, but I would be a little wary. You can buy it at any tourist office, including those at airports and at Termini station, or at any of the museums or archaeological sites covered by the pass.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Roma Pass--Where to Buy

We got ours last trip at an tourist information kiosk in Rome.

It was easy and simple. No Line.

The line at the airport was soooo long for them! Skip that and just get them elsewhere :-)

Do plan how you're going to use the pass so you can get the most out of it. Arrange your days - if you can - so you save the most money on your free entry museums/sites and take advantage of the free travel on metro and busses. We saved a lot of money with ours!

Edited: 12:31 pm, November 17, 2012
Kalispell, Montana...
Level Contributor
739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Roma Pass--Where to Buy

This is probably a dumb question but the Roma pass says it expires at midnight on the 3rd day so that is 12 am right? because with that wording you would get to use it the day you got it and then the next day but then it would expire that night? or do they mean that you get all 3 days and then it actually expires on midnight on the 4th day? I don't think it would be worth it to me if you only got to use it 2 days.

Virginia
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
302 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Roma Pass--Where to Buy

The Roma Pass is valid for 3 days. it expires at midnight on the third activation day.

So it is activated the first time you use it (transport or museum). Use it say Monday morning at the colosseum, you'll have it all day monday. all day tuesday, all day wednesday up until midnight.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,342 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Roma Pass--Where to Buy

James J, I don't follow your logic. Anyway, it's as VTJedi says. If you use it for the first time late in the day, you won't get the full value for that day, but it is definitely three calendar days.

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor
1,773 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Roma Pass--Where to Buy

I have been in Italy so long I don't remember.....is 12 a.m. midday or midnight? From the posts I assume midnight, but 24.00 is soooo much simpler :)

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
28,776 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Roma Pass--Where to Buy

12 pm is noon. 12 am is midnight.

Donna

Latina, Italy
Level Contributor