We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Urgent Help Needed!

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
120 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Urgent Help Needed!

I'm off to Rome in less than one day and just realized I did not look into this earlier!

I am arriving in Rome and taking some other train (sub suburban train) and not the Leonardo Express train to my hotel. However I will be leaving from Rome on the Leonardo Express train (don't ask, long story) but it involves the fact that we are changing hotels.

I just realized I won't be able to buy the ticket then. Is the 14 Euro ticket one way or two way? Why can't I buy the ticket at Termini station to the airport? Can I just buy a one way ticket when I land at FCO for my trip to the airport back? Help!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,997 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Urgent Help Needed!

Check train times Fiumicino Aeroporto to Rome over the next seven days

www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

You can purchase train tickets at the airport and Termini train station

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
39,127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Urgent Help Needed!

The 14 euros is one way and, yes, you can buy the tickets at Termini.

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
120 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Urgent Help Needed!

Hi. Do you recommend I take this Leonard train or the SIT bus? My flight departs at 10.30am and I'm checking in at 8.30am.

I went to check the schedule of the SIT bus. Does anyone know how long the journey is estimatedly from Termini to FCO?

Also, do you recommend i purchase the ticket online first? Where would I go to board the bus?

On the site there is this notice. The Piazza Cavour stop has been moved at Via Crescenzio n. 2

Where is this? Is it still near Termini? Should I just take the express train?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
120 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Urgent Help Needed!

Is the bus reliable and does it have a good track record of keeping to the schedule of arriving and reaching the airport? Thanks in advance.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,997 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Urgent Help Needed!

Take the train and purchase train tickets in Italy, click on the above Trenitalia URL for travel times.

Should you be returning to the USA, passengers are advised to be at the airport three hours prior to flight departure

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,864 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Urgent Help Needed!

I would just take the express train. There is no chance of it being delayed in traffic. As suggested, if flying back to the U.S. you'll need to be at the airport at least 3 hours prior to departure. Less than that and you run the risk of not getting through security on time.

Donna

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Urgent Help Needed!

Does anyone know whether a 6 digit ATM pin can be used in Italy?

Edited: 12:47 am, October 04, 2012
Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
120 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Urgent Help Needed!

Yes I am returning to the USA.

Thanks for the tip y'all. I'll skip the bus and go for the Leonardo Express.

9. Re: Urgent Help Needed!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:19 pm, December 14, 2013