We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feedback on Lodging Ideas

Mechanicsville, MD
Level Contributor
194 posts
18 reviews
Feedback on Lodging Ideas

We will be in Rome for our first time early Oct for 4 nights after 8 nights in Florence and southern Tuscany hillside towns. I'm looking at B&B Maison Via Guilla (at the B&B or one of their apts a few blocks north.) The idea of walking to Trastevere for dinner intrigues me which is why am considering this property. Is that location too quiet or should we go with a more central area near Piazza Navona or the Pantheon? We are 50 yrs old and like a cocktail or two out before dinner and a stroll maybe after. We are in good shape so can walk a lot during the day but might prefer closer by places for dinner. The only comparison I have for what we like is in NYC - Greenwich Village or the Upper West Side (sorry if this is an odd comparison.) Appreciate any feedback. BTW budget is probably up to 250 euro max per night but of course would love something less. Thanks!

Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
82 Reviews
from $527.30*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
24,287 Reviews
from $72.80*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,189 Reviews
from $57.50*
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45,246 posts
1. Re: Feedback on Lodging Ideas

I love Via Giulia - beautiful street in a lovely part of the city. I always stay near there and used to stay on that street with friends for many years. I always think of Campo de'Fiori as having the feel and flavor of the West Village (NYC) and Trastevere being more akin to the East Village -

It is not too quiet at all - the Campo de'Fiori market is just a few minutes away as is Piazza Navona and from there another 5-7 minutes or so to the Pantheon. It is a great location. You have a few minute walk to the Ponte Sisto which you cross over right into Trastevere.

I highly recommend the area - don't know the B&B personally but know where it is - I can't think you would be disappointed for a second.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26,003 posts
61 reviews
2. Re: Feedback on Lodging Ideas

I think it a lovely area and the reviews of the B&B are pretty good. We stayed further up the road the other way, but often found ourselves walking down to Campo de Fiori.

Mechanicsville, MD
Level Contributor
194 posts
18 reviews
3. Re: Feedback on Lodging Ideas

Thanks MomCat for your quick reply. I have followed your posts for trips to NYC as well and always excellent advice. We love the east village too!

Mechanicsville, MD
Level Contributor
194 posts
18 reviews
4. Re: Feedback on Lodging Ideas

Thanks Sydney, I think I need look no further!

5. Re: Feedback on Lodging Ideas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, June 21, 2013