We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trains from rome to civitavecchia - train schedule

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
226 posts
1 review
Save Topic
trains from rome to civitavecchia - train schedule

hi there: does anyone know, when tickets can be purchased from rome - civitavecchia? for july 4th, i pulled up the schedule on italian rail website, and this is posted, next to the train schedule

The travel solution has at least a segment not purchasable

anyone know what this means? thanks antonietta

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,326 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trains from rome to civitavecchia - train schedule

Well, it's probably because at least one of the segments is on a regional train which cannot be purchased online more than a week in advance.

Donna

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
28,127 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: trains from rome to civitavecchia - train schedule

No trains are yet purchasable on this route beyond June 9, even the Frecciabianca and InterCity trains. You just have to wait. Advance purchase of the Regional trains is pointless as they have no reserved seats.

N. Ireland
Level Contributor
273 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trains from rome to civitavecchia - train schedule

Have done this journey myself. Just buy on the day as seats are not reserved.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trains from rome to civitavecchia - train schedule

I have a similar question. I am trying to get from Rome Tuscolana to Assisi and am getting the same message. Would you also recommend purchasing on the day of travel?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,121 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trains from rome to civitavecchia - train schedule

Trains for Assisi leave from Rome Tiburtina rather than Tuscolana. All the trains from Tiburtina to Assisi are Regionale trains and there is never any point at all in buying tickets for these trains in advance over the Internet.

There are no seat reservations, so tickets cannot sell out, and no advance purchase discounts. Furthermore, Internet tickets have more restrictions than ones bought at a train station.

Before you get on the train, you must time-stamp the tickets in a machine at the station.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,415 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trains from rome to civitavecchia - train schedule

You would have more choice of trains to Assisi from Rome's Termini station. Some of the trains from Termini do have reserved seats, but in all the years I've been riding that line, I've never seen a train sell out. There are sometimes discounts for advance purchase, but the amount of discount on this trip is never very much, so I would stick with the full price tickets, which are more flexible.

You usually have to change trains in Foligno. Look for the train schedules here:

http://www.trenitalia.com/homepage_en.html

Use a date in the next week in order to see the prices for the regional trains.

Raleigh, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trains from rome to civitavecchia - train schedule

Thank you that was very helpful

Civitavecchia, Italy
Level Contributor
55 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: trains from rome to civitavecchia - train schedule

You can find a nice printable schedule of all Civitavecchia-Rome trains at civitavecchia.net

Edited: 5:41 am, May 13, 2012
9. Re: trains from rome to civitavecchia - train schedule

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:18 am, June 19, 2013