We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Tickets: Rome to La Spezia

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
43 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Train Tickets: Rome to La Spezia

Hi,

I arrive early morning at Airport - Fiumicino on the 1st of APR 2012 [ 06:30 AM ] and plan to catch a train from the Termini to La Spezia by 08:10 AM or the next train at 09:40 AM.

1. Will I make it on time to the train station from the airport via Metro; which line shud I take ? Or Shud I be thinking Taxi ?

2. Do I need to reserve train tickets in advance or would it suffice if I bought at the train station ?

Thank you in advance :-)

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
29,302 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train Tickets: Rome to La Spezia

You can purchase train tickets at Fiumicino airport

Train Fiumicino aeroporto to La Spezia www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Should you be staying in Cinque Terre enter the name of the village for train times

www.cinqueterreonline.com

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,330 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train Tickets: Rome to La Spezia

Go to the train station at FCO airport and buy tickets all the way through to La Spezia. Indeed, if you are heading for a village in the Cinque Terre, buy tickets to that village. The agent at FCO station will sell you tickets for the next train that you could reasonably catch.

You take the Leonardo Express train from FCO to Termini, and change there for La Spezia.

Do not buy in advance. You do not know whether your plane will be late, or by how much. Discounted advance purchase tickets are worthless if you miss the train.

Abu Dhabi
Level Contributor
43 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train Tickets: Rome to La Spezia

That was super fast :-) Thank you so much guys.

I read that I could take the regional train from La Spezia Central to Riomaggiore village in CT.

Great to know that I can get all my connecting tickets from FCO .

Sid

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
82,330 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train Tickets: Rome to La Spezia

The train line through the Cinque Terre is the main line connecting Genoa to Pisa and Rome, but the fast long-distance trains do not stop at these little villages.

5. Re: Train Tickets: Rome to La Spezia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:42 am, June 20, 2013