We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

know anything about this apartment or company?

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
know anything about this apartment or company?

I am thinking of booking this apartment but I can't find any reviews. I tried looking on slow travel to but had no luck.

Any experience with these folks or this apartment from the readers of this forum?

holidayrentals-bookings.com/rome/spanish-ste…

Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
83 Reviews
from $524.50*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
24,299 Reviews
from $72.40*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,196 Reviews
from $57.20*
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26,005 posts
61 reviews
1. Re: know anything about this apartment or company?

I don't particularly like their terms and conditions and am also bemused that there is no price listed that I can see. There is a bit of previous discussion on TA that centred around the bookings.com bit of the name which may or may not be relevant.

We have used www.sleepinitaly.com on two occasions and found them excellent, trustworthy and the apartments as described.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
2. Re: know anything about this apartment or company?

Thanks for the feedback. I wonder if anyone else has experience with this company.

Makes me curious.

oklahoma city
Level Contributor
78 posts
81 reviews
3. Re: know anything about this apartment or company?

I see now that their main domain is holidayrentals.it - I can't find reviews anywhere. Should that be a concern?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
26,005 posts
61 reviews
4. Re: know anything about this apartment or company?

There are so many known and reliable booking agencies I wouldn't bother even considering one with no reviews or mentions on major trip sites.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Bali
Level Contributor
14,933 posts
89 reviews
5. Re: know anything about this apartment or company?

Despite the similarity of names I should straight away point out that your site http://www.holidayrentals-bookings.com/ has absolutely nothing to do with the wellknown www.holiday-rentals.co.uk.

www.holiday-rentals.co.uk is a worldwide known advertising website for "private" owners. It is only an advertising site NOT an agency. It is part of the largest holiday rentals advertising group in the world www.homeaway.com

Includes www.vrbo.com and www.homeaway.com.au just to name a few

Has lots of "national sites" and affiliates such as www.ownersdirect.co.uk and german www.fewo-direkt.de

Please note it is ADVERTISING website NOT an agency. Each advert is individual. SOme agencies will advertise on these site as will many thousands independant private owners. As such T&Cs vary advert to advert

Back to your site holidayrentals-bookings.com/terms-and-condit…

This is purely an agency.

These T&Cs (above) are not unusual in Italy.

Questions about T&Cs such as these crop up often about Hotels/B&Bs - especially family run businesses.

You should be aware that in Italy there is no official Tourist Office that controls general T&Cs for Holiday accommodation. In general there is an unwritten law in Italy that many, especially small family businesses follow, whereby you can lose your deposit in the event of cancelling your booking and liable for certain costs even if you cancel what may seem with good notice (6weeks). This "unwritten law" has been adopted by many Italian rentals whether private rentals or agencies.

What's more this agency, like many others, once they have your deposit basically wash their hands of any responsibility of any disputes/problems

"As soon as you pay the deposit required, your reservation is confirmed and the owners'/managers' details will be forwarded to you. From this point, please communicate with them only, contacting us only for urgent/unexpected matters."

Here's another agent who likewise wash their hands of responsiblity

holidayhomestuscany.com/booking-procedure.ht…

Take special note of the following paras (from above) which are also not unusual to find.

"The Agency cannot be held responsible for the veracity and accuracy of any information stated by the owners on the state and characteristics of the accommodation facilities on offer on its websites.

Any and all complaint relative to reservations and stays should be made directly to the owners of the accommodation facilities.

In the event of cancellation from the part of the owner, customers can ask for the refund of the deposit directly to the owner of the accommodation facility reserved. Alternatively, customers can ask to rent another accommodation facility of the same level.

In the event of cancellation from the part of the customers, the deposit is non-refundable. "

6. Re: know anything about this apartment or company?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:42 am, June 18, 2013