We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tours of rome with Hotel Pick up

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
82 reviews
Save Topic
Tours of rome with Hotel Pick up

We are staying in Rome for five nights in May. We are trying to sort out hotels and Tours.

I have two queries.:-

1) Best place to stay wish to have restaurants nearby and easy access to centre.

2) Tours that pick up from hotels. Wish to see everything.

Thanks for your help.

Budget on hotels is around £100 per night 4* preference.

TopBike Rental & Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Gear Rentals, Bike Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
City Wonders
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours, Cultural Tours, Night Tours, Day Trips
Stefano's RomeCabs
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Historical & Heritage Tours, Private Tours, Day Trips
Italy Segway Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Night Tours, Segway Tours, Private Tours
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
89,028 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tours of rome with Hotel Pick up

Don't pay much attention to hotel stars in Italy. They are awarded solely on physical facilities, and say very little about whether the hotel is any good.

1. Everywhere in central Rome will have restaurants nearby. The most central area is around Piazza Navona and Pantheon.

2. Much of central Rome is prohibited to vehicles, so tours generally cannot pick up from a hotel. In 4 days, you cannot possibly see "everything".

Dartford, United...
Level Contributor
62 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tours of rome with Hotel Pick up

Thanks for the info. i will have a look around the Piazza Novona and Pantheon area. What i meant to say was that I would like to see as much as possible. I'm going to concentrate on area rather than star rating. Thanks again

3. Re: Tours of rome with Hotel Pick up

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 am, June 18, 2013