We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

advice needed re accommodation

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
advice needed re accommodation

im planning a short trip to rome either by myself or with another friend. I'd like to hear suggestions about good but cheap/ reasonable priced hotel accommodations. i'd prefer to stay somewhere close to nightlife and near to tourist places of interest. This will be mt first visit to rome so any advice/suggestions would be great

Keller, Texas
Level Contributor
405 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: advice needed re accommodation

You need to give a price range to narrow down suggestions from others. Why don't you look into an apartment rental instead? I found most to be cheaper than hotels. Most people suggest staying near the Campo dei Fiori area.

australia
Level Contributor
60 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: advice needed re accommodation

I guess id be looking at the 100-150 australian dollar mark. Sorry im not sure what that would be in euros

Surrey, UK
Level Contributor
306 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: advice needed re accommodation

Between 62 and 93 Euros. You'll only get a B&B type accommodation for that kind of price. You might want to check out the reviews for Anne's Place, it's located out of the City but is getting some good reviews.

Mannheim, Germany
Level Contributor
222 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: advice needed re accommodation

If you want reasonably priced rooms then plan your trip after July 1. The high season for most hotels in Rome is March 1 - July 1. I stayed at the Hotel Anglo Americano by chance (reservation office at the train station arranged it) and it was only $45 per night for a single. This is a great price considering that it was a 3 star hotel, included breakfast, had my own bathroom and it is on Via Veneto which is one of the streets with more pricey hotels. There is a metro stop "barbarini" that you can use to access the entire city.

Re: nightlife. If you want to go to dance clubs, these are all outside of the center city and you would need to take a taxi or see if a bus goes out there. It is difficult to get a taxi back because, as you can imagine, everyone is trying to get a taxi back.

If you are just looking to go to a bar or wine bar, there are plenty in the city centre with many young amerians hanging out in campo di fiori.

Staying near Campo di Fiori might be a great idea for you with what you said in your original message. Go to Eurocheapo.com and use the map they provide to show hotels in different parts of the city.

Alexandria, Egypt
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: advice needed re accommodation

During the summer months, there is a lot of outdoor entertainment. I think there is something called Roma rock, but maybe it goes by something else. It's fun. All over the city there are free performances. Last year, we saw a great band outside in Trastevere. There were street performers and musicians in the major Piazzas(we saw some in P. Navona and you can hang out at a cafe) Testaccio has nightlife. We had great difficulty getting a taxi from Trastevere, back to the hotel.

Make sure it's not in August when most Italians will be on vacations.

HOw cheap? Do you want your own bathroom or can you share with other guests?

Level Contributor
271 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: advice needed re accommodation

you may check also panda hotel,a really inexpensive(no tv)hotel but acording to reviews it's not bad