We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

Kitchener
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

I've been searching trip advisor all day today and I cannot seem to find a hotel which also serves breakfast lunch and dinner as part of the package. I'd like to pay for it all just so I don't have to worry about what I'm gonna eat. I'm going to Rome for 3 days in December so I really have no time to search for good places to eat. I just wanna check the place out as much as I can and I hope to come back again for longer.

If anyone can help me I'd appreciate it a lot.

Thanks!

Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
61 Reviews
from $375.80*
$536.90
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
24,148 Reviews
from $74.10*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,134 Reviews
from $58.60*
Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

Would you settle for half board (breakfast and lunch or dinner)? I think it would be more convenient for sightseeing if you didn't have to run back to your hotel in the middle of the day for lunch.

A gazillion years ago, when it was still owned by the Diaconesse di Kaiserswerth, I stayed at this place in Prati, which was very inexpensive at the time:

http://www.casavaldeseroma.it/

You can look for four-star - and up - hotels with restaurants (three-star hotels generally don't have restaurants); they will serve breakfast, lunch and supper, but I'm not sure (m)any of them have prepaid full-board rates.

Be aware, though, that eating in a hotel can be more expensive and of lesser quality than eating in restaurants.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
49,678 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

i would agree, ih a Ciry with so much to offer many really good Restaurants, who would really want to go Full board, it would be very restricting,

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
97,081 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

There are many hundreds of restaurants in central Rome. For your lunch and dinner, it would take you longer to get back to your hotel than it would to find somewhere to eat.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,950 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

I became curious and Googled <<hotels Rome half board>> and it threw up the Hotel Lancelot which has breakfast and dinner plus very good reviews on Tripadvisor. That would leave you free to have a small lunch or indeed try a restaurant at lunchtime.

www.lancelothotel.com/index.htm

This is not my preferred way of staying at an hotel, but if it is what you want, this may be a good one.

Taylorsville, Utah
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

Hotel food is usually not the best and there are good restaurants all over. You shouldn't have any trouble finding something that is good and in your price range. You shouldn't have to go far. Your hotel could probably give you suggestions and guidebooks also have lists.

Taylorsville, Utah
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

I also agree that returning to the hotel for lunch is a waste of time that could be better used.

NY
Level Contributor
3,880 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

Lynn B mentioned the Lancelot. I stayed there a few years ago and they did include breakfast (and it was very good) and served dinner although you had to be sure to make a reservation for that. Their style was the roundtable which actually was quite nice as you got a chance to talk over adventures with others. The Lancelot may not fit your budget however.

But even the Lancelot did not suggest or assume guests would be dining there every night, and recommended nearby restaurants, which I found good.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
290 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

The Hotel Artemide includes a substantial American style breakfast and has a restaurant onsite open only to its guests.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
957 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

Like others have said.... this is not a resort in Cancun. Why would you want to eat at your hotel exclusively and have to travel back and forth all day long?

Taylorsville, Utah
Level Contributor
1,242 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Hotel with breakfast, lunch & dinner included?

I can understand that it would be nice to have a hotel with a restaurant. If would be nice when you return late and tired, but I really would try other places as well, particularly for lunch.