We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Service Alert

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
9 posts
24 reviews
Car Service Alert

Please be advised there are two car services with almost the exact same name. The one that everyone seems to love on TA is Rome Cabs, I unfortunately booked through Rome Cab and had the following happen to us. My apologies as I mistakenly posted my experience on the wrong company. This was my post;

I have no idea what the deal was with this car service. I use tripadvisor to avoid exactly what happened to us. DO NOT USE ROME CAB FOR YOUR TRANSFERS. We had a flight delay getting into Roma which they did handle, but that was it. We were on a 7 day Seabourn cruise, got off the ship, no van (4 of us). Called them and 20 minutes later a Benz wagon showed up. We had luggage in our laps for the 1 hour ride into Roma. Booked them for a Vatican tour, driver was late, as was the guide. Tour guide did a good job with the tour. Called the day before leaving to confirm our VAN transfer @ 6:15 AM. We get out in front of the hotel, they NO SHOWED. The night manager at the Hotel delle Nazioni was very apologetic offered us a BK to-go bag and got us another car. I WOULD NOT USE ROME CAB FOR YOUR TRANSFERS.

Hope this helps, I wish someone had given me the heads up.

Port Charlotte...
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
1. Re: Car Service Alert

I am read more and more stories just like yours. It's a shame that there is so much confusion over the name of the two vastly different companies. A little trick that I used, when possible is word association and in this case LETTER association. The company of choice is RomeCabS ..... with an "S" for Stefano!!! We have used RomeCabS for airport and cruiseport transfers, as well as an all day tour. We were 6 heavily packed people. I believe we had 18 pieces of luggage among us and every piece was artfully packed into the back of the van........only our purses on our laps. And punctuality was abundant each time.....always early, waiting for us. We are using Stefano's RomecabS again in April and can't wait.......another all day tour and 2 transfers and I know it will all be flawless! I'm glad that you took the time to correct your post......very nice of you! I hope all is well in Atlanta, Steve. My daughter and Grandson used to live in Canton, just up the road. Now they is here in Florida. Did you feel the earthquake? We heard it was felt in Atlanta. My grandson is currectly up with his Dad in Maryland and really felt the shaking. Happy travels.......Pat

2. Re: Car Service Alert

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, October 12, 2012