We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rome Ciampino Airport to Termini Station by Bus

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal
Level Contributor
95 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Rome Ciampino Airport to Termini Station by Bus

Hi,

I'm visiting Rome late September (landing at 19:45).

Does anybody know of a reliable shuttle/bus service that I can use in the evening to travel from Rome Ciampino Airport to Termini Station?

I know that Terravision has a 24 hour service (supposedly every 20 minutes) but I've heard some bad things about this company, so I would rather not use their service. It's my first time in Rome, so I'd like to take a shuttle that goes directly to Termini Station (my hotel is near the Coliseum area), rather than doing any transfers - I don't need the added stress! LOL!!

Anyway, if anybody has any advice that would be appreciated. Oh and if you know if I can purchase it from them directly, rather than online that would be great to know too.

Thanks everybody!

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rome Ciampino Airport to Termini Station by Bus

I have used Terravision several times with no problem, there is also the SitBus Shuttle which stops at Termini direct, have used this bus the last few visits to Rome, mainly because there are less crowds. you can buy this ticket online or when you get there, there are agents outside the bus

http://www.sitbusshuttle.it/

Liverpool, Uk
Level Contributor
156 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rome Ciampino Airport to Termini Station by Bus

Hi jessybobs,

I'm also looking at this transfer for 11th August and thank you for your recommendation of SitBus also which I haven't considered before. However, I did a dummy run of a booking on their website and you seem to have to pick a bus time. Clearly this is difficult when you don't know when your flight will actually get in and when you'll be out with your bags! I suppose the way around this is to buy a ticket on the bus but I guess that's more expensive?

Many thanks,

Clare

Roma
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
10,922 posts
481 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rome Ciampino Airport to Termini Station by Bus

There is no use booking such buses on the website. The simplest and easiest thing to do is coming out from the airport, going to one of the two buses (the one which looks readier to start) and buying the ticket to the driver. Terravision and SitShuttle do the same service (Ciampino-Termini) and have the same price, 3.90 euros. Obviously both websites try to induce visitors to book (it is a way to get more passengers taking them away from the competitor).

Liverpool, Uk
Level Contributor
156 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rome Ciampino Airport to Termini Station by Bus

Thanks, Aristofane. Excellent advice and that's what we will do on Thursday!

Clare

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
6,032 posts
218 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rome Ciampino Airport to Termini Station by Bus

You will have no trouble getting a ticket from the agent, in fact in my experience they will aproach you !

Sitbus has less, if any queues

6. Re: Rome Ciampino Airport to Termini Station by Bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 pm, October 07, 2012