We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Rome hotel - Regno, Traiano or Canali ai Coronari

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
976 posts
29 reviews
Save Topic
Which Rome hotel - Regno, Traiano or Canali ai Coronari

Which of these hotels would you recommend for location and also for reasonable service etc. for a family. These hotels

have come up with the best rate in a reasonably central area.

We would like to walk or use public transport and walk at night.

Any thoughts.

Taiyuan, China
Destination Expert
for Pingyao County
Level Contributor
3,656 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Rome hotel - Regno, Traiano or Canali ai Coronari

I stayed at the Residenza Canali ai Coronari and liked it very much. It is small with only a few rooms, but I found the conditions and service to be very good. There were always a family or two there when I was there. While not cheap, I think it is a good value for the location.

I didn't have a problem with noise, but others have reported this as problem, and I can see how it could be a concern if other guests are noisy or you are very sensitive to noise. (All of the guests when I was there were very nice couples and families and not noisy at all.) The windows blocked street noise pretty effectively, but not completely--there is some noise on Via ai Coronari into the early evening. It is probably quieter than most centrally located places.

The location is very good, though much closer to the Vatican and Pantheon than to the Spanish Steps and ancient Rome area. There are hotel can point you to convenient buses to the further places.

The area also feels very safe and Piazza Navona and the Vatican are good places to walk in the evenings.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
976 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Rome hotel - Regno, Traiano or Canali ai Coronari

Thanks travellevret for your info. Canali ai C is my preferred

hotel because it is small and had good reviews. Appreciate your advice.