We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elegant Apartment Rome

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Elegant Apartment Rome

Hi,

Does anyone have any experiences or knowledge of this aparment rental site: www.elegant-apartment-rome.com/list.aspx…

I am highly considering one of the apartments but cannot find any reviews on any sites inlcuding slowtravel italy.

I appreciate your help

Thank You

Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP Early...
58 Reviews
from $371.90*
$531.20
Best Seller
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
24,125 Reviews
from $73.40*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
12,126 Reviews
from $58.00*
Waterbury...
Level Contributor
730 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elegant Apartment Rome

I have never heard of this company before your post, so there's no way I can advise you at all about their reliability or reputation. The fact that they are not on Slowtrav may be due to them being a very new company perhaps? Just don't know.

The fact that this is such a critical component of your trip, I would be a bit hesitant to go with a company that I can not find any feedback on. Especially, since there are other good agencies with fine reputations available.

I would look into other options, while still trying to find out more about this company. With a little luck, someone here or elsewhere may have some personal feedback for you to help you make your choice. The fact that you asked here is a very good step. This is too big a decision to rush into, so you're doing the right thing by asking around. I've read some apartment horror stories here on this forum, and you want to do all you can to avoid that scenario.

We rented an apartment in Rome last year on VRBO, and it was a truly wonderful experience due to both the apartment, and it's owners. I wish the same experience for you, so you can enjoy Rome hassle free, and enjoy all it has to offer.

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,490 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elegant Apartment Rome

If you've 'googled' and tried other sites and still can't find info, stay with the 'tried' sites: vrbo, romereference, homeway, sleepinitaly, rentalinrome and there's many more. Actually, last fall I booked an apt. thru venere.

Edited: 7:09 pm, July 09, 2011
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Elegant Apartment Rome

Thank you so much for your input! I appreciate it, and I feel the same since I cannot find any reviews but I was hopeful because I love the apartment!

I have found the same apartment on other apartment sites such as Rome Capital Apartments listed as "Casa Gianicolense Apartment

" so I found that kind of strange. It is in Trastevere's Gianicolense area.

Does anyone know anything about this apartment or area? Or have any suggestions? I am looking to rent an apartment for 5-6 people in the fall (preferably 3 bedrooms) in Trastevere or (Campo di Fiori area).

Waterbury...
Level Contributor
730 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elegant Apartment Rome

They say they also rent apartments in Paris, so for the heck of it I checked Slowtrav there as well. Nothing came up under Elegant Rental Apartments. If time is of the essence, and you need to make a decision soon, opting for a more established well known agency would be the best way to go in my opinion.

I would add Dolce Roma to ocpony's list. http://www.dolceroma.it/ Good luck!

Waterbury...
Level Contributor
730 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elegant Apartment Rome

I don't have any experience with Rome Capital Apartments or this particular apartment, but I should point out to you that on Slowtrav out of 6 reviews they have 2 negatives and one neutral. Just something to consider.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Elegant Apartment Rome

thank you. I just now found the same apartment on Roman Reference but the price is about 300 euro more total! I don't know what to do because its the same apartment but Roman Reference seems to be recommended much more.

Waterbury...
Level Contributor
730 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Elegant Apartment Rome

I read the negative reviews for this company on Slowtrav, and they both seem to state that they felt the company didn't want to have anything to do with them once they got their money. As long as everything goes smoothly, that is not a problem, but if something goes wrong, that can really have a negative impact on your vacation.

Roman Reference does get high marks, particularly by one of our destination experts. Is that sense of security worth an extra 300 Euro to you? I cannot answer that. It is a significant amount of money.

Perhaps Roman Reference, or some of the other recommended agencies have a comparable apartment that is closer to what you'd like to spend.

Edited: 8:21 am, July 10, 2011
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Elegant Apartment Rome

I think the security will be worth the extra money. It is a very big aspect of the trip for amy family.

Which company are you referring to about negative reviews? Not Roman Reference, correct?

Waterbury...
Level Contributor
730 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Elegant Apartment Rome

Sorry, I should have been more clear. The negative reviews were for Rome Capital Apartments.

If you absolutely have your heart set on this particular apartment, I agree that the money is probably well spent going with the agency with the excellent reputation. I hope that you enjoy the apartment rental experience as much as we did.

Mason City, Iowa
Level Contributor
2,660 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Elegant Apartment Rome

As for location, we've stayed in Trastevere and Piaza Navona areas. Although we liked the restaurants and quiet location in Trastevere, we found that we enjoyed staying across the river better. We could get to the sights quicker on those hot summer days.