We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Giolletti Icecream place

Azizona
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Topic
Giolletti Icecream place

I hear Giolletti is the best icecream in Rome? Does anyone know how to get to it from the main termini station? I do not want to miss a thing! thanks

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,602 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Giolletti Icecream place

There are lots of excellent Gelaterie competing for the tirte of "best icecream" and all that I have tated are excellent.

Try

Il Gelato di San Crispino, Via della Panetteria 429 (between the Trevi Fountains and the Quirinale)

I Tre Scalini, Piazza Navona 28-32 - expensive if you eat at a table

Sora Mirella, Lungotevere degli Anguillara ( Vatican side of the Tiber on the riverfront nearPonte Cestio0

I am sure there are others - sorry no experience of Giolletti and do not know where it is.

USA
Level Contributor
765 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Giolletti Icecream place

There's great gelato everywhere in Roma, so don't waste your time 'looking' for Giolitti (it's near the Pantheon). You will find good gelato there, too, but you will also find a line. Gelato will be your friend morning, noon, and night, and the best gelateria is always the one right in front of you.

N.Calif
9 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Giolletti Icecream place

...take a cab from the station to the Nazionale Hotel its two blocks off the Del Corso, the Gioletti is right there. The Colonna square area is pedestrian only as its govt. bldgs are there. As you know, pay first, theres' tables in front, but mainly walk the immediate area as there are sights galore...

Azizona
Level Contributor
44 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Giolletti Icecream place

Wow, thanks so much!

Hautrage, Belgium
Level Contributor
152 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Giolletti Icecream place

Apparently, Gigliotti's not the best anymore... it's San Crispino.

Personnaly, I'm a chocolate fan and there's no other gelateria that has as big a selection as "Della Palma". It's very close to the Pantheon at Via della Maddalena 20.

Gigliotti is indeed not far from the Pantheon either, Take via Collna (on the left of the Pantheon facing Piazza della Rotonda) until you reach Via degli Uffici del Vicario. It's at n. 40 .

Bon appetit!

Williamsburg...
Level Contributor
1,336 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Giolletti Icecream place

Dear Passion,

I believe the correct spelling of the gelato shop is Gioliti. I agree that it is the best ice cream in Rome, which is blessed with lots of great gelato shops. The thing about Gioliti is that if you want it, they put a huge slab of fresh whipped cream on top of your cone for no extra charge. They also have an amazing selection of gelati.

The directions given above are correct.

Cheers and enjoy!

NYC
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Giolletti Icecream place

Hi

Giolitti...definitely yummy. Here is their website (!):

http://www.giolitti.it/

San Crispino also very tasty....

My favorite though is Alberto Pica...(tucked away near the Tiber on Via della Seggiola 12 - between the Ghetto and Campo de Fiori. Closed Sunday) They have a variety called "riso alla canella"...think of frozen rice pudding w/cinnamon and you'll be on the right track...delicious.

Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Giolletti Icecream place

San Crispino is the best for fruit flavors. The banana is made with REAL bananas - it's not bright yellow, but brown. It tastes like banana bread batter. Their chocolate is lacking. I love Giolitti. It is a great place to people watch.

United States
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Giolletti Icecream place

if you are in the Pz Santa Maria in Trastevere, try Blu Ice Gelateria. I know its a chain, but the 2EUR cup they serve is HUGE with 3 flavors. We tried a place near the pantheon, della Palma(?) and got served very small portions.

Bloomfield Hills...
Level Contributor
189 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Giolletti Icecream place

I love Giolitti.

last time I had the limonchello mixed with creme caramel.

to die for!

but after this thread, I plan to try the other places on my nxt trip too.

I might eat Gelatto 2 or 3 times a day for 2 weeks. I don't care, it is the best thing I have ever eaten