We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

blue panorama airlines

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
philadelphia
Level Contributor
87 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
blue panorama airlines

Does soemone have experience flying on Blue Panorama/ Reliability primarily?

Reason I ask is that I have reservations and when I purchased the tickets, the cost of the flight is so low as compared to another low cost - Windjet that I am wondering how it manages financially

Thanks

Hagerstown, Maryland
Level Contributor
6,157 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: blue panorama airlines

They are low-budget, but reasonably reputable. I flew them from Rome to Catania a couple of years ago. I think the flight was delayed maybe half an hour, but that happens will all airlines occasionally. I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.

philadelphia
Level Contributor
87 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: blue panorama airlines

thanks, so much.

I am flying to catania too and when I got the ticket price breakdown, the fare of one way ticket from Rome to Catania is only 5-6 euros and even the cost of carrying one bag on the plane is greater e.g. 10 euros and it all adds up to about 30 euros in all!

So I am paying more for the bag than for the actural fare component!!

That got me worried and there is nothing on the ticket that says that I owe them anything.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,847 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: blue panorama airlines

No need to worry dramchan.....

Blue Panorama & Blue Express Airlines - are they any good???:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187768-i20-k44334…

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
29 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: blue panorama airlines

Why I won't recommend Blue Panorama Airlines

In September 2010 I booked a one-way ticket on BP from Palermo (PMO) to Rome (FCO). The flight was due to depart PMO around 6 PM and I arrived at the airport around 5:10, in plenty of time to check in for a domestic flight.

To my surprise, what I found was nothing—NO agents, NO check-in counter, NO info on the airport monitors, and NO flight. When I tried to ask other gate agents about this, as they say in the American South, 'nobody knew nothing' about Blue Panorama. I had no choice but to book a later flight on Alitalia (8 PM), for a much higher fare (65E vs. the 35E I had already paid on BP). My plans in Rome for that evening were ruined and had to be canceled. There was no obvious reason for this cancellation, such as bad weather or a strike, and I was given NO prior notice of this.

I bought this ticket through a consolidator (Cheapo Air), which later admitted that the flight had not operated. Although they promised a full refund, as of today (5/11/11) I've received nothing. Trying to get a refund directly from the airline is hopeless—you have to use their call center, and even my friends in Italy were unable to make it work.

Would you fly on an airline like this? I won't.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,847 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: blue panorama airlines

With all due respect stoptravelscams, how is blu-espress at fault here?

You purchased your ticket from Cheapo Air, not blu-express, so Cheapo Air should have notified you of a change in schedule.

Schedules change whether you book directly with the airline or a booking agent, but you should have been notified of the change by Cheapo Air. Passengers should always reconfirm flights as well.

Not that schedule changes don’t occur with bookings through airlines, but online booking agents are more likely to shift passengers to other flights.

A minimum of an hour is recommended for a domestic flight.

Vagabonda

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: blue panorama airlines

For those of you thinking about flying with Blue Panorama/Blu-Express airlines - be advised that we had a similar experience as described by stoptravelscams post. However, I purchased our tickets directly through the blue-express.com website and when we arrived to the Milan airport to take our flight to Istanbul- no flight was to be found on our date of travel (May 24, 2011). After chatting with many of the helpful agents and the information desk folks at the airport (no representatives of Blue Panorama/Blu-Express to be found) we learned that the flight from Milan to Istanbul left the day before. Blue Panorama/Blu Express never sent me an email notification informing us that the flight was changed to the day before what is indicated on our e-ticket. We had to shell out nearly $700 for two tickets on Turkish Air to get to Istanbul to begin the Turkish leg of our vacation.

We also tried to contact representatives from the airline via email and phone (while in Europe) and so far we have not received a response to our email our had any luck getting a representative on the phone. So what I hoped would have been a cheap flight between Milan and Istanbul ended up costing us a pretty penny and if I had to do it all over again I would have just booked directly with Turkish Air (would have been significantly cheaper for two tickets if I had booked them in February when I made the arrangements with Blu Express).

Needless to say this was very frustrating to deal and we will continue to try to contact Blue Panorama/Blu Express to see if we can get any of our money back ($150 for the tickets they issued us + reimbursement for our Turkish Air tickets)...wish us luck and avoid this airline!

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,847 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: blue panorama airlines

blu-express should have notified you of the change in schedule.

But unfortunately this doesn’t just happen on low-cost airlines – I recently flew a major carrier. There was a schedule change with no notification. If I hadn’t reconfirmed the reservation, I wouldn’t have known that there had been a change in schedule. There was also a change in gates, and the flight was very delayed. The airline also overbooked the flight and 8 passengers were bumped off the flight.

Ultimately it has become the responsibility of passengers to recheck schedules - Passengers should always reconfirm with the airlines.

Good luck with the compensation…

Vagabonda

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,076 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: blue panorama airlines

Even low cost carriers generally do a good job of advising passengers of schedule changes -- IF the passenger provided a working email address or telephone number. I am not for one moment doubting what #6 says, but I know from experience that often times it is very easy to inadvertently type a 9 instead of an 8....

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
96,847 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: blue panorama airlines

They do - This was the first time I didn't receive a notification of a scheule change, and I fly major and low-cost carriers all the time, but I always reconfirm the flights.

Vagabonda

Madrid
Level Contributor
4 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: blue panorama airlines

Just to let any of you know that are interested -- I finally received a response from Blu-Express via their email callcenter@distal.it -- took over a week and their phone number is still essentially unreachable. As explained in another thread, my flight from Milan to Istanbul was canceled and I was notified 2 weeks after the cancellation via email. I was told to call -- could never get through -- and somehow fished out their email address from the internet. After receiving a response they requested my booking reference number -- I gave it to them with my wish for a refund (that was one option, the other was rebooking through Rome). After sending multiple emails for the next 9 days to ask for confirmation, I got one today saying that all refunds take a minimum (this was underlined) of 30 working days. The representative wrote that the 30 days began today.

We'll see. I say avoid, these guys have no idea what they're doing. I'm happy to get a response, but I would hope that it would take more than that to make a customer happy.