We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

My husband and I alone with a few other couples are looking to take a 10 to 14 day trip to Italy at the end of this year 2011. We need suggestions on tour companies to look into. I am aware of Perillo... But would like additional options...

PLEASE HELP!!!

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,963 Reviews
from $71.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
44 Reviews
from $520.00*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,078 Reviews
from $56.80*
Washington, DC
Level Contributor
650 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

Viator is popular. I think there's another company called tredy. If you Google "Italy" and "tours", a bunch come up. I've been looking for a good day tour from Napoli to Vesuvius and Pompeii, if anyone finds one (Viator's says not available), please message me...

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Pompeii
Pompeii
Province of Naples, Italy
2. Re: Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:50 pm, April 09, 2011
Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,382 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

Try the search bar above the posts,Globus and Cosmos are 2 that come to mind, there are several, here's a recent post:

tripadvisor.com/…32211730

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,159 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

I'm not quite sure what your after, but I can highly recommend >Nada's Italy<...it is a small (12 person max) group tour that travels in vans and is a blast. Or check out >Gina's Italy<...her small group tours look good also. Good luck!

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

Thank you so much... Im going to look into it now. I dont have many requirements... just nice hotels and great tours... Thanks for your help.

Le Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

Viator is not a tour company; they're a reseller of tours run by other companies.

United States
Level Contributor
449 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

I always direct friends and family to Romanesque Tours... they don't do groups and are reasonable.

Le Marche, Italy
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

I think lovelife... was looking for a guided (accompanied) tour around Italy, something on the order of Perillo.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
9. Re: Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 9:35 am, April 10, 2011
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
3 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for Guided Tour Companies in Italy

Thanks everyone for all your help... I am looking into both tours similuar to Perillo as well as others if I do it on my own.. I started my search with hopes of having a completely guided tour (company) but with all you all's suggestions and information... Its possible that I may try it out on my own... We will see... Im still in the research stage and all your comments and suggestions have been GREAT... I look forward to more...

So far, Nada's Italy is high on the list (Im loving the small group feel) hadn't thought about that before the suggestion... THANKS!!!

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe