We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Personal Tour Guide in Rome

Las Vegas, Nevada
1 post
1 review
1 helpful vote
Personal Tour Guide in Rome

Travelling to Rome from September 7, 2010 through September 11th. Looking for a reputable and English speaking Personal Tour Guide for a couple of hours per day. Any suggestions of where to find such a person?

Atlanta
Level Contributor
1,224 posts
96 reviews
108 helpful votes
1. Re: Personal Tour Guide in Rome

There are many good guides in Rome, but I love Daniella Hunt of Mirabilia Urbis tours. Daniella is an American ex-pat who is married to a Roman. She is very good and very knowledgeable. Her website is www.rome-tours.com.

Her bio is impressive and she does a great job of being approachable, funny and educational. She is funny, smart, accommodating and courteous. My entire family loved the way she brings Rome to life. She doesn't just lecture. Her style is more to turn it into Q&A and games so that everyone stays engaged. She also incorporates the writings of the contemporaries at the time so that you get first hand views and insights instead of boring book recitations. I have used her multiple times in the past and will again and again. She knows the food and restaurants of Rome (has hilarious insights into everyday Roman life right now ... and even back then), her Italian is impeccable and, obviously, her English is also.

2. Re: Personal Tour Guide in Rome

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, February 10, 2011