We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Papal Audience Tickets

Tullamore, Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Papal Audience Tickets

Hi, My partner and I are travelling to Rome in early December. We are desperate to have a papal audience. We have looked at various sights and e mailed looking for tickets. One sight says the tickets are free but you must collect them yourself. This is impossible for us as we have late flights. The other sight says that the tickets are 44 euro and will be delivered to hotel. Another sight says tickets are 5 euro each and delivered to hotel. Has anyone ever sought tickets and if so where did you get them and how much did they cost. I'd really appreciate advice. Thanks.

Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Papal Audience Tickets

The tickets are free but some agencies charge a fee for obtaining them for you. The Church of Santa Susanna does not charge for the tickets but donations are accepted. You are suppossed to pick up your tickets the night before the Papal Audience. Contact them and see if there is a way for you to pick them up the morning of the audience. Or perhaps your hotel will pick them up for you.

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
470 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Papal Audience Tickets

I requested tickets for an audience in August direct from the Vatican at the following address :

Prefettura della Casa Pontifica

Citta del Vaticano

00120 Italia

You need to send your name, date of audience you wish to attend, number of tickets and nationality.

I received confirmation of my place at the audience by letter to my home address 8 days later. Hopefully you'll be able to arrange this before leaving in December.

Tullamore, Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Papal Audience Tickets

to Cindy14,

Thankyou so much. Will write straight away. Much appreciated.

Tullamore, Ireland
Level Contributor
97 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Papal Audience Tickets

Also to Nicholas, Thanks

Australia
Level Contributor
144 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Papal Audience Tickets

Have just come back from Rome. We went to the Papal audience. Just go to the Papal Household Office which is to the right of St Peters square - a Swiss guard will hand them to you. Just ask staff where to go when there if you are lost. We collected our tickets on the Tuesday as we were concerned of crowds and missing out if we waited until the Wednesday. I understand you can also start collecting a ticket on the Monday as well. Dont bother about booking through an agent just go to the Vatican yourself and it costs no money. We had a Frommers Rome guide and that provides you further information. If you don't arrive until late you send off to the Vatican for tickets. I would recommend that you refer to the Frommers guide as it will tell you where to send for tickets.