We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transporting people from Sheraton Roma to cruise terminal

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
LA
Level Contributor
22 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Transporting people from Sheraton Roma to cruise terminal

Any suggestions on how to transport 8 people with luggage from Sheraton Roma to the cruise terminal, and how much time to give it so as not to miss the boat?

Thanks in advance!

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
906 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transporting people from Sheraton Roma to cruise terminal

Hiya,

You should allow about 1 - 1.5 hours for the trip to the port. From the Sheraton Roma, the only sensible solution is to book a van transfer. For 8 of you it will probably cost you between 160 and 200 Euro. Try a service like limoserviceitalia.it or also Rome Cabs gets good reviews here.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
31,338 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transporting people from Sheraton Roma to cruise terminal

Another suggestion would be to go to the Magliana metro stop, take it to the termini station and then catch the train to the civitavecchia station. This will cost about 5.50 each. You will have to handle your own luggage but it will save you a ton of money.

Donna

rome
Level Contributor
117 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transporting people from Sheraton Roma to cruise terminal

May I add that from the Sheraton Roma to the Magliana train station you must take 2 taxis, it is far.

I say 2 taxis because they have small cars in Italy.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,470 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transporting people from Sheraton Roma to cruise terminal

Both of these options are good. My personal preference is to have a van and driver so as not to have to mess around with all of my luggage. When you get to the port, you'll have to haul your luggage from the train to the cruise port as well. It's not far, but unless you pack really light, it's cumbersome.

Romecabs has nice temperature-controlled Mercedes vans. They are prompt, reliable and courteous. They know exactly where to take you upon arrival at the cruise port.

You can email the owner, Stefano Costantini at romecabs@yahoo.com or reserve on their website at www.romecabs.com. If you email Stefano, he will get back to you normally within one day. You do not pay until you reach the cruise port.

Feel free to use my name, and have a wonderful cruise!

Of course, as Donna has stated, the train is a lot cheaper!

Vicki Floyd

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
906 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transporting people from Sheraton Roma to cruise terminal

Sure, it is possible to take two cabs and haul luggage all over the city to get to the port, hence my use of the word "sensible"....I don't see why anyone would fork over considerable amounts of money for a European cruise, stay at the sheraton, and then try to cut corners on this leg of the trip. Your body will thank you for hiring a private ride, trust me!

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,470 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transporting people from Sheraton Roma to cruise terminal

Perhaps it's the considerable amount of money spent on the cruise that may make one have to cut corners elsewhere :)

But I'm with you...I may drag my luggage around at the end of the trip, but I'd rather start relaxed and refreshed.

I would say if you only need one taxi, and you only have one medium bag each, the train is probably a good option.

But as the last poster says, if you have to take two taxis and you have a lot of luggage, it may be well worth it to you to have a private driver.

You'll notice that we all have opinions and are quite happy to share them. And most of them are valid. Sometimes we differ, but we tend to respect each other's input!

Elizabeth Carlassare
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Transporting people from Sheraton Roma to cruise terminal

I highly recommend Romecabs. http://www.romecabs.com/

I used them for a group of 8 to get from the airport to the cruise ship port and they did an excellent job. Arrived on time with a sign with our name. Pointed out some sites of interest along the drive -- we even had a little extra time and stopped at some Etruscan ruins. Highly recommend this transport company. You will save money compared with the cost of the cruise ship transfers.

8. Re: Transporting people from Sheraton Roma to cruise terminal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, November 30, 2009