We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alternative to Context Travel tour of Vatican

Washington DC
1 post
Save Topic
Alternative to Context Travel tour of Vatican

I had hoped to book a tour of the Vatican through Context Travel, but they are unavailable on the day we plan to visit the Vatican.

Can anyone recommend a comparable tour company for two frequent travelers in their early thirties, both with graduate degrees and interest in art history?

I would be willing to pay for a private tour, if it would insure a quality experience.

We are leaving tomorrow and I would appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,492 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alternative to Context Travel tour of Vatican

I am sending your question to someone that does tours in Rome and if she gets it in time, she will definitely respond. Her name is Daniela and she is married to one of the Swiss Guards at Vatican City. She is also one of our Rome Destination Experts, but she is a certified tour guide. You can send her a private message also...above your original post, you'll see 2 or 3 'Destination Experts'. They can't show them all, and they rotate them, but you can click on 'see all seven'. Daniela is the one whose photo is a wedding photo. If you click on her username, it will take you to a place where you can send her a private message asking about availability. If she's not available, she likely knows someone who is that would be very good. And again, I'm sending her a message to look at this posting as well.

Welcome to the Rome Forum and if you have any questions, feel free to email me or ask any of the DE's (Destination Experts). My email address is vickisfloyd@hotmail.com. If you'll email me, I'll be glad to send you my Rome notes, and there's some good info on Vatican stuff, and a way to go straight from the Sistine Chapel to St. Peter's without waiting in St. Peter's line.

Have a wonderful trip!

Vicki

2. Re: Alternative to Context Travel tour of Vatican

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, November 16, 2009