We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sicilian restaurants in rome

boston
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
sicilian restaurants in rome

wh ere can i find some sicilian restaurants in rome ? preferably near piazza spagna,but i"ll walk anywhere for good food. thanks

Silver Spring...
Level Contributor
10,740 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sicilian restaurants in rome

Why?

boston
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: sicilian restaurants in rome

because,sicilian food is the best of the best

new york city
Level Contributor
19,059 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sicilian restaurants in rome

I may be new at this but I don't think you want to

say that on the Rome forum.

I am very much looking forward to the Roman style

food when I arrive a week from Monday.

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: sicilian restaurants in rome

That'd be like going to Montana and asking where to find a good clam chowder or lobster roll...

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: sicilian restaurants in rome

As it happens, there are one or two Sicilian restaurants in Rome. I've never eaten at them, but I'd be surprised if they served food that is very similar to what you are used to as "Sicilian" food in the North End.

Boise, ID
Level Contributor
500 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: sicilian restaurants in rome

Just like we don't find great raw oysters in South Dakota, you're probably better off going to Sicily for Sicilian food. Italy's not as big as the US, plan it in to your trip or learn to eat Roman food. You're probably most likely to find Sicilian food that is not ultra authentic in Rome, as we don't get "real" Mexican food in the US too often.

On that note, however, I think I am going to grab a burrito for lunch and Chinese for dinner, as I will miss my fake ethnic food while in Italy for 12 weeks oh-so-soon!!!

I promise I'm not a hypocrite, I'm just realistic :)

Montreal
Level Contributor
17,790 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: sicilian restaurants in rome

OutOfTown, I would refrain from commenting on Italian restaurant practices before setting foot in the country.

There is no similarity whatever between Mexican restaurants in the US and Sicilian restaurants in Rome. A Sicilian restaurant in Rome is apt to be family owned and not part of a chain, and it will pride itself on the authenticity of the food.

boston
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: sicilian restaurants in rome

don't get me wrong.i love all italian food.i was in sicily last september and the food was great.i've been to rome many times and the food is great also.but i will be in rome later this month and being sicilian/american i thought someone who lives in rome might know a place

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: sicilian restaurants in rome

I live in Rome half the year and I'm half Sicilian. Rome is a cosmopolitan city with loads of great regional and world cuisine and there are plenty of Sicilian restaurants and even bakeries to find. Some favorites:

Sicilianbocca, Via Faà di Bruno, 23 (in Prati neighborhood) and they have another locaiton on Via Flaminia 390. They probably have a Web site if you look.

In the ancient centro is Capricci Siciliani, which is on Via di Panico (just off Via di Coronari, nearer to Castel Sant'Angelo than Piazza Navona).

For a great taste of Palermo casual caffe-pasticceria, go to Dagnino in Galleria Esedra, Via V. Emanuele Orlando, 75 (near Piazza Reppublica). They have a bakery counter and a lunch menu e a counter for picking up tasty bites like suppli. Mmmm. They also have lovely gift selections, like candied almonds.

boston
Level Contributor
74 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: sicilian restaurants in rome

now that's what i was looking for.thank you very much. you were very helpful