We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Reasonable hotels in rome

Fairfield CT
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Reasonable hotels in rome

Looking at hotels for late Jan. Does anyone have imput on Hotel Garbriella, Hotel des Artistes and Hotel Cervia. They seem reasonable. We are two mature ladies so clean and safe are important and a little charm doesn't hurt. Any other suggestions also welcome but would like to stay at or under 70 euros.

new orleans
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Reasonable hotels in rome

i found the bed and breafasts to be more reasonble than hotels as far as price goes. my wife and I are going in May and have booked a room at the Daphne Inn. I believeit is somthing like 160 euro for our room. it has excellent ratings nd reviews and the people have been nothing short of great in answering all our questions via email. it is out first trip to room so you could imagine the questions we have had. so far, they have been fabulous. they even have wi fi in some of the rooms!

Dave

New Orleans

Seattle
9 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Reasonable hotels in rome

In January most hotels & B&Bs will be offering low prices. I would recommend Fellini B&B, located a few blocks from Trevi. They are offering 80 euros per night on www.venere.com. It's slightly more than you were looking to spend but I think you will find the 10 euros more a night well worth it to stay out of the Termini area, especially since you are two women traveling.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
239 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Reasonable hotels in rome

The 160 euros per night in May is not a low price. Daphne Inn has received excellent reviews so its probably worth the price but it's about the same as many 3/4 star hotels that time of year. It looks like you've made a good choice for an accommodation but it's hardly a deal.

new orleans
Level Contributor
86 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Reasonable hotels in rome

I see your point. We went with a higher priced room but they do have some cheaper options at the Daphne. I htink it is a deal beacause of the quality and service of the place. Honesty when i posted that i didnt read all of the original post and i didnt see her price guidelines.

Fairfield CT
Level Contributor
11 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Reasonable hotels in rome

Nice discussion but doesn't answer my question. Anyone have ideas which does address the question?

thanks

Thornton, Colorado
Level Contributor
73 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Reasonable hotels in rome

I booked the Hotel Ferrarese near the train station for 55 Euros in Feb. If you go to www.venere.com they list hotels and have reviews for each. You might find what your looking for as far as reviews go.