We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxis from the Airport to your hotel

Cleveland
1 post
Save Topic
Taxis from the Airport to your hotel

Need some advice on the best way to get from the Airport to our hotel without it costing us as much as our flight ticket! We arrive around midnight and everything seems to go up significantly. One of the shuttle buses is too expensive and we've been told by a number of people that the ordinary taxis can charge a lot as well. We would like to book something before we leave the UK.....any advice??

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,072 reviews
from $76.30*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
531 reviews
from $413.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,853 reviews
from $123.90*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,650 reviews
from $57.40*
Maryland
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxis from the Airport to your hotel

There are alot of recent posts on transportation from the airport to central Rome. Definietly do a search on the forum for "transportation".

I'm headed to Rome in mid-September, and just booked through www.romeshuttlelimousine.com for 35E fixed rate (one way)

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
470 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxis from the Airport to your hotel

I've also booked with them for end of this month. If you can wait until then to find out what they're like, I'll post a report when I get back.

Seattle
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxis from the Airport to your hotel

We booked with Bob's Limo at I believe 70E. Sounded pricey but worth every penny. The driver was waiting for us and even helped with our luggage. We stayed at a Hotel which is run like a Guest House so there weren't any signs. He called the place to get the exact location. We were dropped off right at the front door. We paid him cash and no receipt. Was a little concerned at first seeing that they also had our card number to hold the reservation but soon learned that Italians are very trustworthy and there was no double charging.

Heard about limo reservations being made and noone showed up so we felt lucky.

Marlow, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxis from the Airport to your hotel

Your hotel should be able to arrange this. This way the car will be waiting for you at the airport. Do not get your own taxi at the airport as this is where people get ripped off. Most hotels provide this service.

We paid 53 euros each way which seems a lot but for peace of mind and a great service it was really worthwhile.

Stockton-on-Tees
Level Contributor
22 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxis from the Airport to your hotel

We arrived at the same time as you are when we were in Rome in May. I asked for the hotel to arrange a taxi. Even though our flight landed earlier than expected the taxi was waiting for us. The cost 40 Euro with the return fare being quoted as 35 Euros, although we did use terravision to do the return trip. Enjoy your trip

glasgow uk
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxis from the Airport to your hotel

We used www.romeshuttlelimousine.com at the end of June and they were very good. 35 euros for 4 people. if you email Christiano, he will reply quickly

Enjoy Rome

glasgow uk
Level Contributor
803 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxis from the Airport to your hotel

We used www.romeshuttlelimousine.com at the end of June and they were very good. 35 euros for 4 people. if you email Christiano, he will reply quickly

Enjoy Rome

leicester
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Taxis from the Airport to your hotel

when are you travelling, because we are also arriving at midnight onth 14th sept perhaps we could share.