We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

designer purse outlet stores

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
ohio
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Topic
designer purse outlet stores

Someone told me that you can get authentic designer purses for cheap prices in italy. Does anyone no where the purse outlet stores are at?

xxxxxx
Level Contributor
113 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: designer purse outlet stores

Just go to the Piazza Navona....Load of street guys there selling them for around 20-30 Euros...they sometimes get chased off by the police but they are there most of the time

Level Contributor
2,852 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: designer purse outlet stores

The men selling purses on the street are not selling the authentic purses zitogirlus is looking for. Some of the best outlet shopping is near Florence. Check out http://www.outlet-firenze.com/ for details. Stores include Gucci, Fendi, Prada, etc.

Cheshire, UK
Level Contributor
467 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: designer purse outlet stores

Do a search on "Street vendors" and you'll find some more info about these street sellers. What they're doing is illegal and they're selling fake items.

birmingham MA
Level Contributor
196 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: designer purse outlet stores

If you're tempted to support child slavery, arms sellers and drug traders by buying a fake handbag from the streets that's up to you. If you are travelling to France after Italy then be aware that the bag may be confiscated and you may have to pay a fine if you are stopped by the police. If you have more than two fake items on you, then you can be charged as a fake trader and face up to 4 years in prison!

ohio
Level Contributor
94 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: designer purse outlet stores

So nobody knows where you can get designer handbags such as prada for like half off. I read somewhere but I cant remember where. The bags are authentic.

California
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: designer purse outlet stores

You can absolutely buy authentic designer bags at discount prices, often times at 50% less than what you would pay in the states, sometimes more....even at a time when the euro is stronger than the dollar!

The Prada outlet is in Montevarchi, called "Space" is rather difficult to find on your own, it is in a huge warehouse in an industrial area. Best to take the train to Montevarchi (2.5-3 hours from Rome or an hour from Florence) Once there, you can take a taxi to the outlet for a fixed price of 11 Euros each way. The taxi driver will arrange with you a time for the return trip. In addition to Prada you can find Miu Miu and Jil Sander.

Another not-to-miss shopping mecca is "The Mall" in Leccio-Regello near Florence. Here you will find outlet shops for Gucci, YSL, Armani, Bottega Veneta, La Perla, Ferragamo. Tod's, Fendi (new) and more! You can also find this mall by taking a train to Rignano sul Arno...but my favorite way to visit is using the shuttle service provided by the Mall. For 25 euros round trip they will pick you up in florence at your hotel or the Santa Maria Novella train station. Approximate meeting times are 9:30 am and 2:30 pm. In Italy you can call 0558657775 to make an appointment.

I have found incredible deals on shoes, bags and clothing, and at times have come home with items that are still currently being sold in the states. While the selection is hit or miss as with any outlet shopping experience, I have never come away disappointed.....and make this trip at least once per year. Have fun!!!