We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Litchfield...
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

Can any local experts help me?

Need to know how much to expect to pay for a one way transfer (taxi) from the Hotel Diocleziano to meet a cruise Sunday July 13th at the cruise port in Civitavecchia?

-kelly

st. louis
Level Contributor
51 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

Check with Stefano at Rome Cabs. I believe his charge for transfer is 130 euros for up to 2 people. We are using Rome Cabs extensively for our two days in Rome prior to boarding our ship at Civitavecchia. Stefano and his team have gotten excellent reviews on TA.

Auckland
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

Does anyone know anything about Jump limousine. They are cheaper but are they reliable?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

If €130 sounds a bit much, there are at least 2 trains an hour from Rome Termini to Civitavecchia for €4.50.

Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

You could go on the message board for your cruise at Cruise Critic to try to get more people for the transfer which considerably cuts the cost of a car per person. I second www.romecabs.com Professional and reliable.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

How do you get from the Civitavecchia train station to the cruise terminal?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
83,124 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

>>How do you get from the Civitavecchia train station to the cruise terminal?<<

Ten-minute walk, or local taxi.

Boise, Idaho
Level Contributor
370 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

The train from Termini to Civitavecchia is cheap and easy to use, as long as you don't have a ton of luggage. The walk from the Civitavecchia station to the port is not even 10 minutes. At the port there will be a bus to take to take you on to the ship.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,470 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

I hate dealing with my luggage. I guess I'm spoiled rotten, but I only use Romecabs. It's probably because I have not yet learned the art of packing light, and my husband has some back problems, so the private driver option is well worth it for us. The Romecabs driver takes you right up to where you need to be. It's definitely more expensive than the train, but it's just an expense I'm willing to pay.

Just an opinion :)

Vicki

Castleton On...
Level Contributor
165 posts
257 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

Any comments form anyone who has used Jump Limosine/

I have lots of recommendations for RomeCabs and Rome in Limo--are there any other companies that folks can recommend for transport to/from airport/port?

We wont be taking the train as our travel time is tight, and there are several people to share costs, so just looking for private tranport options.

Thanks

Margo

NJ
Level Contributor
125 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfer from Rome to civitavecchia cruise port

We're thinking of using Roma Shuttle for our cruise in August. The "reviews" were reasonably good and they cost a bit less than those you mentioned.