We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Rome Ciampino to centre of Rome

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
Save Topic
Taxi from Rome Ciampino to centre of Rome

Hi,

I'm going to Rome in July and can't be bothered with getting the train from the airport into Rome.

Does anyone have an idea of what the average price is for a taxi from Rome Ciampino airport into the centre of Rome is?(our hotel is near to the Spanish Steps)

Any help and advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tina

USA
Level Contributor
55 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi from Rome Ciampino to centre of Rome

Have you asked if your hotel has car service? We didn't want to deal with trains upon our arrival either so our hotel will have a car pick us up. Total is 55 euros (2 adults, 1 child, and luggage). (that's from FIUMICINO airport to the colloseum area).

Hartlepool
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi from Rome Ciampino to centre of Rome

I was in Rome last week ( June 13 - 20th ), there is a bus shuttle service that runs from Ciampino airport into the centre of Rome stopping at the Termini ( central railway station ). Cost of this was 13 Euros for a return ticket, bus company was called Terravision. This is a lot cheaper than getting a taxi.

It should be fairly easy to get a taxi from the Termini.

Chris

uk
Level Contributor
508 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi from Rome Ciampino to centre of Rome

My hotel arranged a private transfer for 49euros. We arrived at midnight so it could be cheaper if you are arriving earlier.

Even if there are only 2 of you the bus option would cost 26 euros plus the taxi from Termini maybe another 10. I think the convenience and speed of the private transfer is well worth the extra 10 euros.

If there are three of you the private transfer is cheaper!

Falkirk, United...
Level Contributor
344 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi from Rome Ciampino to centre of Rome

Hi

Try "Airport Connection Service" they run a service from Ciampino for 44 euro which includes meet and greet, taxes, luggage for 4 and a E class merc to boot.

I have booked them for July and web site is easy to use and I am also staying near spanish steps.

I couldn't be bothered getting a train and then a taxi with luggage and two children and when you add it all up I don't think I would saving that much.

Have a nice trip.