We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

this is funny

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
this is funny

Sorry and no offence but I'm still laughing. Somebody sent me this link and i have to share with you.

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-a-Bidet

U can laugh at me for any lack of mine in Anglo-saxon habits in change...ciao

Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: St Peter’s and Sistine...
23,051 reviews
from $77.00*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Viewing...
530 reviews
from $416.80*
Likely To Sell Out
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Tour...
2,844 reviews
from $125.00*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,644 reviews
from $58.00*
Level Contributor
547 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: this is funny

Very funny, but not nearly as funny as last year's thread on this forum. That thread got me hooked, not the great travel advice! That thread was laugh out loud funny.

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
747 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: this is funny

Ciao Cinzia,

thank you for starting this thread again.

For some of one using it since child these inctructions sound quite funny but, it is true, there are still many people in the world that don't even know its name.

If I would find in my hotel room something like this, absolutely unknown, I would get curios and ask without feel shame instead using for strange purposes, as I saw sometime.

Yes, because a bidet can be easily converted by some foreigner travellers as:

- ash tray

- small wash-tub

Nowdays you can easily find around the world a little water pipe just beside the WC. Be Aware!!! That's not for washing your hair but for the above purpose.

I would add that it could sound wird but once start using it's hard to renounce it.

Enjoy it!

rome
Level Contributor
2,803 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: this is funny

YES last year thread was Really funny, LOL.

Ciao Ivano, you are right, it's all about how we grow up in a certain culture and habits.

Ravenna, Italy
Level Contributor
9,377 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: this is funny

i know I posted this last year, but it is a classic.

I was sitting in a hotel lobby in Paris waiting for my husband. Two American couples were sitting next to me. One of the women said to the other..."Oh the children would have loved this hotel! They even have a small sink just their height."

I have dined out on that one for years :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,852 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: this is funny

My favorite quote:

"Drinking from a bidet is not recommended."

Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
3,377 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: this is funny

ohhhhhhh my gosh to finally know what this thing is called and used for - i can remember me and mom staring at it in the bathroom trying to figure out what it's for , we both didn't touch it for fear of -----------what 's it going to do? shoot water straight up, catapal us across the room ? is it some kind of toilet? ... and it case it was used for something personal we wouldn't dare ask anyone, ohhhhhhhh ty, i am printing this out for momma and looking for those old posts,

Frankfurt, Germany
Level Contributor
133 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: this is funny

Great posting!

My favorite usage is to cool beer and other drinks in it.

Doing so, you somehow drink out of it :-)

8. Re: this is funny

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:16 am, September 15, 2009