We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand gesture need help!

Leeds, England
Level Contributor
95 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Grand gesture need help!

Evening.

Have just booked some flights from the UK to Rome as a surprise for my wife, we leave next Saturday morning..... I always use trip advisor to assist my travels but normally take months to plan. Since I've only got a short time I was hoping on some advice were to stay. I don't fancy the Termini area, would really like to be as close to the attractions as possible, oh and on a budget, say no more than £100 a night...... Is this possible? Any suggestions welcome.

Many thanks

Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP Early...
59 Reviews
from $373.70*
$533.80
Best Seller
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
24,130 Reviews
from $73.70*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
12,128 Reviews
from $58.30*
Southend-on-Sea...
Level Contributor
1,635 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand gesture need help!

I stayed here last year - it's walkable to the Termini area but in the direction of Via Nazionale (some nice shops). They are quoting £95, but as it's a small hotel and you are travelling high season, they might not have availability. It's a start, though!

http://www.targetinn.com/rooms.php

Aussie
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand gesture need help!

Hi incubus

Have you tried an apartment instead. Good value, fully self contained and much larger than a hotel room. I would think easier to get than a hotel at such short notice. Plenty of companies around we booked with rentalinrome, and though we haven't left yet, we had no problems booking and corresponding with them. We will be in Leeds in 3 weeks time. Hows the weather doing? Need I ask??

LOL :) .

Teresa

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand gesture need help!

Best website for finding accommodations:

www.romeby.com

Excellent property listings, good descriptions and plenty of photos to help you choose.

I can recommend two specific places that might come in at your rate (not sure what it translates to in Euros though...)

Hotel Panda - near Spanish Steps, simple and affordable, some rooms with private bath

www.hotelpanda.it

Hotel Smeraldo and Hotel In Parione - sister hotels, both near Campo dei Fiori and Pantheon, good service and quality, spotless but small rooms

www.smeraldoroma.com

www.hotelinparione.com

LL

Hopewell Junction...
Level Contributor
70 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand gesture need help!

May of this year we stayed in Rome for part of our honeymoon. We stayed at Hotel 47 near ancient Rome and a short walk to Tresevere - I loved it there. A block away from the Tiber river, and a couple of blocks away from Circus Maximo and Piazza Venezia ( you can get taxis near there) It was a bit of a hike to the Spanish Steps and Trevi fountain but I liked walking the streets. The bus picks up about 50 yards from the hotel or you can take the taxi and walk back.

The hotel was wonderful. A nice sized room from what I've been let to believe compared to other hotels. Very clean, a nice continental buffet breakfast indoors or outdoors. We stayed on the 5th floor with a balcony.

Clean rooms, nice sized bathroom with only a stand up shower - but very large.

5. Re: Grand gesture need help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:28 am, September 09, 2009