We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eurostar -1st class vs. 2nd

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
michigan
Level Contributor
176 posts
Save Topic
Eurostar -1st class vs. 2nd

I will be traveling from Rome to Florence on Sat Oct 13 with a 25" piece of luggage and a smaller carryone. It seems 1st class is not really that much more than 2nd esp since I have spend thosands for the trip anyway. Will I find more room for my luggage on 1st with maybe fewer people?

Rockville, Maryland
Level Contributor
36 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eurostar -1st class vs. 2nd

We took this trip 2nd class and it was fine.

United States
Level Contributor
1,839 posts
274 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Eurostar -1st class vs. 2nd

We are going to book 1st class. The description is more room and less people. Like you said, it's not that much more.

Cardiff, Wales, UK
Level Contributor
19 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Eurostar -1st class vs. 2nd

I spent last summer travelling around Italy by train and found the small extra charge for 1st class worthwhile:

Fewer people in the carriage

Free drink & snack

No large groups of children 'taking over' (noise, etc)

More comfortable seats

Generally a more relaxing environment

Hope this helps

Carpi, Italy
Level Contributor
141 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eurostar -1st class vs. 2nd

i usually take second class on eurostar, i find it really comfortable.

Linz
Level Contributor
2,894 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eurostar -1st class vs. 2nd

1st is mainly used by businessmen, overseas tourists and elderly people... about 80% of people prefer to travel in 2nd and spend the money in other things...

Coaches are the same (so both classes do have the same a/c, toilets, ...), seats are wider in 1st and some small services like the free drink and crisps...

6. Re: Eurostar -1st class vs. 2nd

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, September 07, 2009