We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

I clicked on www.viator.com on the trip advisor site to see what the Skip the Line Vatican Museum tour was all about. If it is legitimate, it's exactly what I want. I don't care about the tour. I want to skip the line. So the question is, of course, is this a legitimate outfit?

Mentioned in this post
Vatican
Vatican
234 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Colosseum Motorcycle Center
Sightseeing Tours, Gear Rentals, Vespa, Scooter & Moped Tours
SPB Tours Mediterranean Rome
Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours, City Tours, Private Tours
Exclusiveissimo
Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, City Tours, Private Tours, Shopping Tours
Ramsey, New Jersey
Level Contributor
90 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

I booked with them, but have not yet taken the tour. They seem fully legitimate, and those who have taken the tour offer good/great reviews, but the Viator website does specifically state that queue time can be ~1 hour on busy days, and only on Saturday can the line be skipped. I'm going on a Monday, so I did not delve into that bit of info. Hope this helps.

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
119 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

Could you let me know how the tour goes, please? Or rather the skip the line part. Thanks!

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
1,529 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

Viator.com is just a consolidator like expedia and travelocity, etc. To find out if they're legit, you'd have to find out who exactly your tour will be with and then find out about them. Good luck to all!

Mesa, Arizona
Level Contributor
3,796 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

I have booked my tours with them for sept. they are a 3rd party booking site. I believe they use Enjoy Rome for a lot of their vatican tours. I had to cancel mine since getting the conformation for my scavi tour which was exactly at the same time. Yes they are a legit site. I've had no problems with them. Just remember to print out your bookings to take your vouchers with you.

Mentioned in this post
Enjoy Rome
Enjoy Rome
1,215 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

anngift,and dragon lady..we are intersted in just skipping the line,not guides..how did your trips go with "skip the line"?? should I pay for this ,are the lines really horrendous?? thanks

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

kirsten,if you're out there,how was your trip last year?

Phoenix, Arizona
Level Contributor
16 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

My understanding is that anyone that offers to skip you to the front is scamming. As for tours, in any country I've taken tours, the must wait in line just like everyone else. I'm planning on getting in line at 7:30 AM, I was told the line is 30 mins early morning... up to 4 hours after that.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
1,368 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

Gio, Kristens last visit to tripadvisor was last Oct, so I don't think she will be answering your question.

Can't tour groups now skip the line and prebuy tickets?

DFW, TEXAS
Level Contributor
1,148 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

Our tour with Viator states that it guarantees to skip the line, the only wait is the 20-30 nins wait to get past security since other tours are going thru also. One on the reviews on the tour we are doing mentioned this. I guess this is what happens when you take a popular tour. We are going on May 23rd.

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
1,664 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Viator "Skip the Line" Vatican Tours -- Is this Legit?

tkere,I know that..I searched for the site;all the posters were from past yrs.;I was hoping someone could report back.I read conflicting reports,and just wanted to get an answer,so I took a chance someone would.

I don't want a tour,or guide,but read about this(my husband is older,and can't stand for hours) ...I will do as suggested,get on line early! ciao!