We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ciampino transfer/Cotral bus

Memphis
Level Contributor
675 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Ciampino transfer/Cotral bus

I have seen many posts about transfers to city centre from Ciampino airport. I have a couple of questions.

I arrive at 12:05 from London. I don't see how it would be possible to make the 12:30 bus that Ryanair has, although some posters say it is possible. I know the airport is small but it seems that there is no way to get off a plane, get through passport stuff and get to the bus. Maybe I just have too many bad experiences in American airports. I'm also assuming I wouldn't be able to make the bus if I checked my bag. I have a medium sized backpack, but not sure if it is small enough to go as a carryon on Ryanair.

If someone has experience with this quick turnaround please let me know.

otherwise, I'm interested in finding out more about the Cotral Bus. Is this the city bus system? Can someone tell me where I can find information about this on the Web?

Thank you.

us
Level Contributor
252 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ciampino transfer/Cotral bus

Go ahead and research, but relax... Although I have only used them in the reverse direction at that particular airport, normally the synchronized ryanair busses wait for virtually everyone who doesn't unreasonably dawdle, regardless of how late the plane may be or how slow the lines are.

Like you, I worry ahead that maybe waiting for checked in luggage will cause chain reaction of arriving late to an expanding atm line, and so on. Probably needlessly, I do things like locate the exact carryon dimension limits from ryanair site and plan to transfer a bunch of stuff to pockets (even putting on a raincoat with big pockets) just to get thru ryanair desk checkpoint, then putting back into bag for later checkpoints with more standard limits. Mainly at UK end is where this can be strictly enforced.