We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best location for rental car to head to Cerveteri?

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Best location for rental car to head to Cerveteri?

I have to rent a car to head up to Cerveteri from Rome on a weekday morning - what would be the best location to pick up the car? I don't want to drive in the city of Rome. Is Termini station convenient for going in that direction or should I just eat the extra cost of renting from Fiumicino? I have also heard there is a rental cars on Via Sardegna - wouldn't that also require driving in the city itself? Any advice/suggestions appreciated. Just want it to be as painless as possible as will be dragging luggage along! Thanks in advance!

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Fiumicino
Fiumicino
Province of Rome, Italy
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
23,665 Reviews
from $73.30*
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
11,933 Reviews
from $57.90*
Likely To Sell Out
Viator VIP: Sistine Chapel Private...
546 Reviews
from $389.90*
4 replies to this topic
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,657 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best location for rental car to head to Cerveteri?

I would pick up in the EUR. You can easily get there from downtown Rome by metro or train, depending on the location, and from there it's a pretty straight shot up to Cerveteri.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Best location for rental car to head to Cerveteri?

I had never thought of the EUR - I would have to take a taxi to it as I'm staying in Monti. When you say straight shot - that means very little city traffic negotiation, correct? Also, would my limited Italian be an issue at this location? Thank you though for the tip.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
16,657 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best location for rental car to head to Cerveteri?

English shouldn't be an issue there. Many people who are doing longer term rentals come from the airport to the EUR to pick up because they avoid the daily airport tax on the car (for a two week or longer rental the savings can more than offset the cost of getting to the EUR from the airport).

The EUR is well outside of downtown, more like a suburb. Why do you think you need to take a taxi from Monti? There are easy public transit connections, you can just get on the metro line B and take that all the way.

Edited: 9:39 pm, June 11, 2018
Los Angeles
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Best location for rental car to head to Cerveteri?

That is a wonderful tip. Many thanks!

Reply to: Best location for rental car to head to Cerveteri?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted