We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Roman underground colosseum tour company to use

Laguna Niguel...
1 post
Save Topic
Which Roman underground colosseum tour company to use

All of the coop tickets have sold out, so I need to hire a tour company to see the underground colosseum. Does anyone have any recommendations?

2 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
331 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Roman underground colosseum tour company to use

What day(s) were you wanting to go?

I personally would not pay the exorbitant mark-up that some of these resellers charge. So you might ask, what can I do instead:

1) buy tickets to the Belvedere tour from the official website - there are plenty of tour tickets remaining for the Belvedere tour. I went on both tours - the Underground / Arena and the Belvedere, and I personally preferred the Belvedere. The Belvedere tour allows access to the upper levels of the Colosseum instead of the basement and the reconstructed arena floor. The information that the tour guide will provide is nearly identical - they discuss general info and history of the Colosseum so you won't be missing out on any info.

2) If your heart is set on the Underground: If your trip is in July, try again on Monday June 18 because they are going to release additional tickets for July on June 18th. Likewise, if your trip is in August, they should release additional tickets for August in July. Keep checking back on the official website for updated notices. And be sure to be online at 9AM Rome time on the date of release.

Mentioned in this post
Colosseum
Colosseum
122,149 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Roman underground colosseum tour company to use

I took the Colosseum Underground Experience today with City Wonders. The tour was great. Our guide was Dave and he was fanatastic. The group consisted of 23 people, but we each had a headset and so it was easy to hear his commentary, and he was very knowledgable and able to intelligently answer any questions. The tour is well worth doing and I’m happy I chose this company (a few weeks ago I also questioned which tour company I should choose). Make sure you take water, and wear a hat and comfortable shoes. We tried to get a tour early in the day (cooler) but could only get a 2:15pm tour. Still great in the heat!

Mentioned in this post
Colosseum
Colosseum
122,149 Reviews
Rome, Italy
City Wonders
City Wonders
14,588 Reviews
Rome, Italy
Reply to: Which Roman underground colosseum tour company to use
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted