We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ladies - what to wear in June

Belfast, Northern...
7 posts
Save Topic
Ladies - what to wear in June

Hi, I'm going to rome for 3 days in June and was wondering what I should wear. Should it be shorts and vests (with longer trousers for churches etc), sundresses or skirts and tops. Also are trainers ok or would wedges/sandals be better?

Should I take a change of clothes for nighttime or is it usual just to stay out wearing what you have on during the day?

Thanks!!

London England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Ladies - what to wear in June

When we visit Rome (frequently) apart from when visiting Places of worship. We wear whatever we want , we are here for pleasure, not for a fashion show. yes Italians are very styilish, but if you think that wearing your best designer clothes will make you look Italian, forget it. Italians are unique, they look great in whatever they wear ( the carabinari are a great example). Italians do wear trousers and long sleeved shirts in summer, but there is not a under-arm deoderant, that can cope with summer in the city. So dress to keep cool and you will not go wrong

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
12. Re: Ladies - what to wear in June

Just wanted to add something about jeans.

Jeans are now more fashionable in Italy too, so they are considered ok even in the evenings if you pair them with a nice top/shirt (and especially if they are designer's jeans).

However, during summer I can't think of anything worse to wear than jeans in Rome. It is going to be so hot you'll faint in them! And for walking around (and I mean serious walking) they are just too "hard".

Opt for long, lightweight pants and capris if you are a woman. Cotton or, to be trendier, a pick those hi-tec sport materials, that are also very good for transpiration.

California
Level Contributor
72 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Ladies - what to wear in June

RhiannonB,

Thank you for answering my questions about capri pants or jeans for the ruins. I have been to Rome before and remember everyone dressed so sophisticated, but we were mainly visiting Vatican and churches. Didn't venture to the ruins. I appreciate your help.

Roman Roxy