We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2 days to roam rome

Edinburgh, United...
1 post
Save Topic
2 days to roam rome

Hi there,

Could you please temme the must visit places in Rome in the cheapest ways(if you could share something about the entry free passes or cheaper rate entry tickets).

Thanks,

shrey

Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
58 Reviews
from $371.90*
$531.20
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
24,125 Reviews
from $73.40*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,126 Reviews
from $58.00*
5 replies to this topic
pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,762 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2 days to roam rome

No one can or should tell you what you should visit while in Rome. This is something you must decide for yourself. You really need to get a good guide book and read through it to determine which sites are of interest to you.

Donna

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
495 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2 days to roam rome

Answers to your questions do depend on when you are going to be there as a tourist. High tourist season can bring about high prices. Terms of utilizing entry tickets and prices depend on the place you want to visit and the time of the visit. You have to beforehand identify or itemize your interests and reasons for visiting Rome in the first place. Have you taken a look at a guide book and read it thoroughly - like National Geographic traveler's guide to Rome or the Blue Guide to Rome and Italy? What are your tastes and interests? More popular guide books are available in many public libraries. I could not easily read some your words in your request for help. Did you mean to write "tell me"? Entry fees and passes are cheaper for certain places depending on how, where and when you purchase them. Are you classified as a student with an ID card? That might help. Certain places are part of a ticket - it worked as a pass if you please as i recall - that gets you in more than one place for the time you are there. Inquire about this advantage. Certain places have bargain or lower prices for specific visiting hours on certain days. Inquire about evening hours. Guide books explain how these procedures work. Rome is too large to see everything worth seeing for a two day visit but you can see much if you plan carefully. You interests determine the itinerary. No harm in trying. Hope this helps.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,762 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 2 days to roam rome

**Entry fees and passes are cheaper for certain places depending on how, where and when you purchase them**

This is NOT true. Sites don't offer discounts for pre-purchase and often times there is a booking fee involved making pre-purchase a little more expensive. The benefits of pre-purchase is you don't wait in the long ticket lines so the small fee is well worth it.

**Certain places have bargain or lower prices for specific visiting hours on certain days.**

I would love to know what dates and times along with which sites do this. I have never encountered this in all my trips to Rome. Perhaps I've been missing a huge opportunity.

**Are you classified as a student with an ID card? **

This will get you a discount only if you are an EU citizen (must prove it) between 18-25 years old.

Donna

glasgow
Level Contributor
1,156 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2 days to roam rome

Dear heenajain111

My advice would be walk and walk some more get lost just walking .

If you are there for 2 days do not pay to go into anything , Rome can be fantastic without paying a penny ,

If you are there for longer buy a good guide book .

Then decide what you would like to see .

If you fall in love with Rome to Edinburgh Ryanair do return flights for as little as £60.00 , you can always go back.

Edited: 7:35 am, March 20, 2018
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
109 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2 days to roam rome

I will be visiting for the first time myself, will be there for 2.5 days. I plan to see St. Peter’s basilica and Sistine chapel early in the morning before crowds get crazy (I think you can visit the basilica for free), and do the colosseum underground/Belvedere tour. Pantheon I think is also free entry. The rest of my time I plan to just roam around and eat. The hop on hop off buses have decent reviews and I’ve been told it’s a neat way to get a quick and dirty tour of Rome.

Reply to: 2 days to roam rome
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted