We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurant Prices in Italy

Vancouver
Level Contributor
172 posts
37 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurant Prices in Italy

I am travelling to Rome and Florence at the end of April and have found a lot of good advice about Restaurants.

I am still a little confused about prices however. For example at a nice place like Harry's Bar or La Terraza at the hotel Eden.

What would the price in Euro be for two adults.

Thanks.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,726 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurant Prices in Italy

Like so much else it depends on your own tastes. "Nice" places like Harry's Bar in Venice are far from cheap. A Bellini is 13 euros, a 3 course meal in the upstairs room will cost c.120 -150 euros per head.

La Terrazza dell'Hotel Eden in Rome when we were last in Rome (September2003) had a lunch menu at a fixed price of about 77 euros a head, wine extra.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
172 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurant Prices in Italy

Thank you Robert; just the answer I was looking for.

Palm Harbor , FL
Level Contributor
589 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurant Prices in Italy

Oh but please don't worry about"nice"...beautiful if not so famous and not in big hotel restaurants are half that price..we eat beautifully with wine and all the goodies for 100 to 150euro for a family of 4 for lunch and dinner all over Italy and Sicily..Mangia D

London England
Level Contributor
23 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurant Prices in Italy

My wife and i , go to rome 3 or 4 times a year and it takes time to seek out the best eating places. Do not make the mistake of thinking "clean & Smart" means good food. Some of the best food in rome is to be had in rather down market looking establishments. My rule is If the waiters rush up to you whilst you are passing their establishment, then just keep on walking. I have found the best restraunt in Rome, it's taken nine years of searching and it really is out of this world , for both quality and price. The name of this place is ......SORRY , i just can't bring myself to tell you.

One tip for free, go to Campo Di fiori market and buy a huge slice of water melon, COST under 1 Euro

Vancouver
Level Contributor
172 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurant Prices in Italy

OK, if you can not say that is ok, although I would not tell.

Thanks for the advice; it is much appreciated.

You can always change your mind, I will be in Rome probably only once for the next decade, so I would not steal your favourite table.....

USA
Level Contributor
765 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurant Prices in Italy

Gee, pauldavid, I don't think we'll need the name of your special restaurant, especially after all that watermelon.