We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a parking garage!!

NY State
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Topic
need a parking garage!!

Hello,

I will be in Italy this summer for a couple of weeks. I will begin my trip in Venice where on my last day there, I will rent a car and drive to Florence, Pisa, Siena, the Tuscany region, and finally Rome. I have a hotel in mind in Rome close to the Colosseum, but I do not want to drive into the city as I hear traffic can be horrible.

I want to know if anyone can advice a garage where I can leave the car for a decent price, and possibly take a train or bus into the city. The hotel states that there is a garage close to them for 30-40euros! I have read from other hotel's websites that there are garages for more reasonable fares. Thank you all for any assistance. Be safe!

C-Los!

USA
Level Contributor
765 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: need a parking garage!!

Why do you want to keep the car while you are in Rome?? Return it and rid yourself of the headache.

NY State
Level Contributor
41 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: need a parking garage!!

Hi,

Thank you for you comments. Unfortunately, I need the car to later drive South East of Rome for a day. And to keep the car for the week ended up being cheaper than renting a car from Venice and getting rid of it as soon as I got to Rome, and then renting another one to go to Campobasso. I have no problem parking the car while I am in Rome. Are there any parking garages near the Terminal Station?

Anyone has information about this?

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,158 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: need a parking garage!!

There's a large parking garage off the Tor di Mura street running through Villa Borghese. It may be simple called Borghese car park, but I'm unsure of the name. You can park there and then hop on a bus at Porta Pinciana. You should be able to find it no problem.