We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tickets for Colosseum confusion

London, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Topic
tickets for Colosseum confusion

So on the official website - www.coopculture.it/en/ticket_office.cfm there are options for buying tickets for the Colosseum. So the standard ticket for the Colosseum ALSO includes the Forum and Hill, is that correct, for 12 Euros (+res fee)??

However, the ticket for the Colosseum, underground, third ring and Belvedere does NOT include the Forum and Hill, is that right?

What ticket should I purchase if I wanted to do all of the above? Is the underground, third ring etc. worth seeing?

Special Offer
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP Early...
61 Reviews
from $375.80*
$536.90
Best Seller
Vatican Museums Skip the Line Tour...
24,145 Reviews
from $74.10*
Best Seller
Ancient Rome and Colosseum Skip the...
12,132 Reviews
from $58.60*
4 replies to this topic
Turin
Level Contributor
9,178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: tickets for Colosseum confusion

First you buy the Colosseum/Forum/Palatine combo ticket; then if you want to see more you book a tour for those areas like the 3rd ring that can be visited only with a guide.

London, United...
Level Contributor
193 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: tickets for Colosseum confusion

Ah I get it now, thank you. Is it possible to book this on the day itself when you're there or is it advisable to do it all beforehand, online?

Turin
Level Contributor
9,178 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: tickets for Colosseum confusion

For what I know the English tours sell out within a few days from the moment they are available on-line.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
39,863 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: tickets for Colosseum confusion

The underground tour sells out within minutes of tickets being released. If you are trying to book for December dates you are already too late. Those tickets went on sale weeks ago.

You can still book the regular tour of the colosseum but you'll need to call to do that.

Donna

Reply to: tickets for Colosseum confusion
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted