We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Imaging In Italy-Rome Thru the Lens Photo Tour

Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Imaging In Italy-Rome Thru the Lens Photo Tour

As a keen photographer, Rome is a dream location for a holiday – inherently beautiful, full of colour and contrast, bustling with life, history, culture, art... It’s impossible to walk around with a camera and not take hundreds of photos. However, after an afternoon spent with Tony Baccaccio on his “Rome through a lens” walking tour, the quality and interestingness of my photos instantly went up several notches. Looking back through the holiday photos, it’s almost embarrassingly easy to tell which were taken ‘post Tony’.

Those few hours spent frantically trying to keep up with this extraordinary, friendly, energetic and motivational National Geographic photographer, desperately trying to remember and put into practice the wealth of tips and advice he passed on from his great experience and expertise – gathered from many years (sorry Tony!) at the height of his profession – stick firmly in my memory as a highlight of the holiday. His enthusiasm and confidence and his obvious love for the city and for photography are infectious and inspiring. In the days after the tour, bursting with new ideas and new ways of ‘seeing a photo’, making photographs was once again as fun and exciting as it was when I first started out.

If you like photography and are keen to learn from one of the best around, then I recommend getting yourself a place on one of Tony’s tours. If you’re a beginner, you couldn’t get a better grounding in the art (and joy) of photography. If you’re already an experienced photographer, you’ll be surprised how much you can learn in such a short time. And besides, where else can you get such attention from a top-league professional?

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Imaging In Italy-Rome Thru the Lens Photo Tour

Would you mind to pass it over to "a Roman expert"? :) I just bought a beautiful Lumix to improve my skills and it sounds great! Ciao Daniela

Israel
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Imaging In Italy-Rome Thru the Lens Photo Tour

Thanks for the tip, I will definitely check out his site to lean more.

Cheers,

Oleg C.

www.Olegis.com

Los Angeles
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Imaging In Italy-Rome Thru the Lens Photo Tour

When did you take this tour? I went on Tony's website and they don't begin unit June.

Are you recommending him based on a tour you did last year?

Mansfield, GA
Level Contributor
465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Imaging In Italy-Rome Thru the Lens Photo Tour

Thanks for sharing this. It sounds interesting for those of us who enjoy photography. I contacted Tony via email and received a prompt reply. He said it is true that they don't officially begin until June but it may be possible to arrange something with us for our upcoming trip in May. He said that he is scheduled to be in Rome from May 16 on but may have to be in Paris for the last week of May pending confirmation from his client in Paris. He will know for sure by mid April and will advise as to his availability at that time.

If any of you happen to be in Rome the last half of May and would be interested you could go to the website and send a message and maybe it will work out for you. If you are going in June then you would not have a problem with scheduling his services.

Mentioned in this post
Rome
Rome
Lazio, Italy
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
2,550 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Imaging In Italy-Rome Thru the Lens Photo Tour

fanotravel, thanks a lot. I am not in rush...I can wait until June! Ciao Daniela

pasadena, california
Level Contributor
102 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Imaging In Italy-Rome Thru the Lens Photo Tour

I am planning my first trip to Italy in October and I am interested in this walking tour. Please post information about Tony's website. Thank you for your time.

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Hertford, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Imaging In Italy-Rome Thru the Lens Photo Tour

Just to answer a few questions:

We did our tour in August last year.

Tony's website is http://www.imaging-in-italy.com/faq.htm and it looks like he's offering quite a few more trips. I really would highly recommend him, and just drop him an email if you're out of season - he's incredibly helpful and accommodating and does his utmost to make sure you have a fantastic time.

8. Re: Imaging In Italy-Rome Thru the Lens Photo Tour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, August 29, 2009