We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train Rome-naples

British Columbia
Level Contributor
951 posts
96 reviews
Train Rome-naples

I'm looking at train Rome-Naples in July and seeing average 38 euros. Is that correct? I thought it was a lot less if booking 3 months in advance.

Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
81 Reviews
from $528.80*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
24,281 Reviews
from $73.00*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,184 Reviews
from $57.70*
Italy
Level Contributor
8,904 posts
1. Re: Train Rome-naples

Italo at the moment using the DOLCE30 offer is starting at €10.5 one way. Even without the offer it should be a lot less then €38

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
8,831 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Train Rome-naples

DON'T GET SNOOKERED! You can find fares HALF of 38 Euros (and even lower). On Trenitalia, 19.90 Euros Super Economy Frecciarossa high-speed train, or 9.90 Euros Super Economy Intercity or Frecciabianca fast train. Remember always to check the restrictions for these fare (non-refundable, non-changeable, etc.)

Use the OFFICIAL websites:

www.trenitalia.com

www.italotreno.it

Always check BOTH operators, because fares can vary significantly.

Edited: 10:29 am, April 21, 2017
California
Level Contributor
226 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Train Rome-naples

I am trying to book the same service from Rome to Naples, but I am really confused on the names of the stations. I ant to leave out of the Roma Termini and arrive in Naples, but there are so many options under naples on the trenitalia site. Please help?

Coto de Caza...
Destination Expert
for Amalfi Coast
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
23 reviews
4. Re: Train Rome-naples

Enter "Napoli Centrale" as the destination. Also be sure to enter a low number such as 6 in the hour field to see the earliest departures of the day.

Edited: 11:01 pm, May 01, 2017
5. Re: Train Rome-naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, May 03, 2018