We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

Orem, Utah
Level Contributor
100 posts
96 reviews
Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

Just looked this morning and tickets are sold out for the week that we are there- They just went on sale? Do we have any other options?

Likely To Sell Out
Waking Up the Vatican: VIP...
83 Reviews
from $524.50*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Vatican Museums, St...
24,299 Reviews
from $72.40*
Best Seller
Skip the Line: Ancient Rome and...
12,196 Reviews
from $57.20*
Surrey, England
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
191 reviews
1. Re: Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

Good question. I've been trying all morning too and failed to get tickets for mid April. Happy to hear some suggestions!

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
669 posts
20 reviews
2. Re: Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

Yes same-completely gutted! If anyone else know where we can get them please suggest! Our dates are 7-10th April.

Orem, Utah
Level Contributor
100 posts
96 reviews
3. Re: Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

Ours were April 3-8. There was a random ticket here and there- But that is it.

england
Level Contributor
128 posts
4. Re: Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

I have managed to book myself on to the Spanish tour due to the English being totally sold out.

Will get a guide book or something to help me, hopefully it will all go well

Ocean City, MD
Level Contributor
12,536 posts
7 reviews
5. Re: Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

See #2 in Donna's informative 'sticky' from the Rome Forum:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18779…

Surrey, England
Level Contributor
1,039 posts
191 reviews
6. Re: Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

I've found some TA posts from 2012 and a few people suggested tickitaly.com website. I'm going to book my tickets now as the price is reasonable and tickets are available.

Saugus...
Level Contributor
154 posts
7. Re: Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

As was suggested to me here on Trip Advisor from a wonderful gentleman, instead of waiting for the underground tickets and having the chance of not getting them (I was really worried as this is the one thing I want to do while in Rome in April) I went with a night tour of the Coloseeum and underground tour. It was worth the price to have the stress and fear of not getting the tickets.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
40,237 posts
18 reviews
8. Re: Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

You can book a night tour or an alternate language tour through the official site or you can use a private company to book this tour. It's very popular and sells out immediately.

donna

Slough, United...
Level Contributor
669 posts
20 reviews
9. Re: Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

Hi Donna, I'm considering booking the underground tour in Italian! There is a 3pm slot available-do you think this is still ok to do even though we are English? Also would this give us enough time to start at Palantine Hill and Roman Forum? There is an earlier 12.40pm slot but not sure we'd make it. Can you advise?

K W
Pine Grove...
Level Contributor
14 posts
23 reviews
10. Re: Colosseum Undergound Sold Out!

I got up at 3 a.m. And things were almost all booked. So I booked my husband and I on tours that are 40 minutes apart. Hopefullly we will be able to find each other afterwards! If you see a cute American guy with black that looks lost send him my way!

Anyone got good suggestions on where to meet?