We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Peter's Square

Oxford, England
Level Contributor
451 posts
456 reviews
St Peter's Square

I am going on a coach tour around Rome. Before the coach returns to the cruise ship we have 45 minutes at St Peter’s Square. Are there places to eat nearby or buy souvenirs as I guess we won’t have time to go in the Basilica? Is there anywhere to sit in the square? What else could we do for 45 minutes?

Albion, New York
Level Contributor
1,020 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: St Peter's Square

There are a number of shops and places to eat down the Via della Conciliazione, the broad avenue that leads into the Piazza San Pietro. It only takes a few minutes to walk from any into the square.

Florida
Level Contributor
165 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: St Peter's Square

You can grab some pizza to take away (not the regular round one but slices from different typesof pizza) from one of the many pizzerias around and eat it in the square sitting on the marble stairs that surround the square. There is also a place with fresh pasta to take away in the Borgo Pio next to the Porta Angelica. If you're fast enough you can also take some pictures of Sant'Angelo Castle with the Tiber river and the old beatiful bridge in front of it.

Level Contributor
233 posts
4 reviews
3. Re: St Peter's Square

It depends. If the security line to enter Basilica is short,I would risk to enter the Basilica, and get a quick glimpse what's inside- treasures, such as Michelangelo's Pieta or St.Peter's baldachin to name a few.

You can always eat lunch on Your cruise ship, when You go back.

4. Re: St Peter's Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, March 02, 2018