We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

Ovar, Portugal
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
10 helpful votes
Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

Hello, everybody, i've noticed that the tickets to Borghese Gallery now cost 20 euros at "ticketone.it" and 21 euros "rome-museum.com", 20,50 euros at "ticketsrome.com" and 18,50 euros at "tickitaly.com". Just some time ago it cost 15 euros. Is there any oyher website where one can buy cheaper tickets ? Anyway, this is too expensive, don't you agree ?

1. Re: Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 4:35 pm, December 04, 2016
Kalispell, Montana
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
17 reviews
4 helpful votes
2. Re: Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

Also, none of those places are where you should be buying tickets from. Always buy direct from the venue.

Edited: 4:21 pm, December 04, 2016
Level Contributor
235 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

HI, this is from their official web site:

ADMISSION

Full € 13.00 (+ € 2.00 booking)

Reduced € 6.50 (+ € 2.00 booking)

European Union citizens between 18 and 25

permanent teachers in state schools

On the occasion of the exhibition The Origin of Still Life. Caravaggio and the Master of Hartford , from 16/11/2016 to 19/02/2017, the ticket will be increased by € 5.00.

- See more at: …beniculturali.it/#sthash.nwzExFCR.dpuf

Kalispell, Montana
Level Contributor
1,892 posts
17 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

so I am not sure why my above post got deleted, but I will say again I only think it is 20 euros for some special events. And even if it was 20 euros all of the time it would still be a great deal.

Cairns
Level Contributor
2,207 posts
50 reviews
20 helpful votes
5. Re: Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

There is a lot of enthusiasm about this site however would have to say we enjoyed the walk through the gardens from Pincio to the Galleria much more than the Galleria itself.

Found much more enjoyment in the Forum Night Walks, Domus Romane, Domus Aurea, the houses of Augustus and Livia on Palatine Hill, the Papale Basilicas and others - Quattro Coronati, degli Angeli dei Martiri and cloister, etc, etc, the baths of Diocletian and Caracalla, Ostia Antica, the underground sites of San Clemente and Santa Cecilia in Trastevere, etc etc.

So much history and understanding of what lies beneath....?

Buon viaggio

Edited: 11:31 pm, December 04, 2016
Ovar, Portugal
Level Contributor
2 posts
13 reviews
10 helpful votes
6. Re: Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

Hi, everybody, i must add that i did the search with the date of 20th of September 2017 and i don't think there's an exhibition on that date. So, i believe they did increase the tickets price. I just don't get why the website don't sell the tickets directly. The fees that we pay to those websites are too high, don't you agree ?

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
42,205 posts
18 reviews
120 helpful votes
7. Re: Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

The increase in price is simply due to the special exhibit they have right now. If you feel the cost is too much then don't visit the gallery. I don't feel the fees or prices are too high given the quality of the exhibits they provide.

I don't know where you searched to see if there is an exhibit going on in September but the official website lists nothing and neither does the official ticket seller. The furthest out for events is the end of February.

Donna

Budapest, Hungary
Level Contributor
278 posts
2 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

I didnt get to visit yet but I do think its worth the price from what I heard about the museum

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
46,354 posts
9. Re: Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

It would be pretty astounding to find a notice of a special exhibit so far in advance.

Given the collection, I don't find 20 euros that high a price at all - not compared to what some of our museums cost.

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for South Island
Level Contributor
10,536 posts
221 reviews
104 helpful votes
10. Re: Borghese Gallery Tickets now cost 20 euros !!!

Whether or not any museum is great is a very subjective view. Most of us have to priorities our spending so it only after you have been to a particular gallery, museum or whatever that you can decide whether it was worth it to you or not. In the overall scheme of a holiday 20 euro is probably well under 1% of the cost of your trip.

It's quite simple. If you don't think its going to be worth 20 euro to you, don't go! We are travelling 1/2 way round the world to Rome. we will go to any gallery that appeals, that we can afford and discuss the value of it over a glass of red that night. we will go home and discuss the stuff the stuff we saw or did and debate whether we should have just bought a newer car.

Such is life. $40NZ (a bit over 20 euro) is about what experience tells me it cost to see special stuff.